It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Double auto recoil spring
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:14 pm 
Utility Grade

Recently lucked into a nice DA, but was a bit surprised at the amount of recoil. How often should one replace the recoil spring and will doing so help lessen recoil...i.e., similar to how replacing a worn auto-5 recoil spring will help with recoil?
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Double auto recoil spring
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:20 pm 
Diamond Grade

I have never heard of anyone replacing the DA recoil spring. I don't know what model of the DA you have but if you shoot even 1 1/8 target loads through them, you are going to know things are happening... I have added a small decelerator or kickeez pad to my shooters and stick to 1 oz loads for the most part. I do have a DA slug gun with a rifled Hasintgs barrel. When I touch them off it shakes my brain a little...I am going to try the Hornady custom lites and see if they are a little more mild. I don't think the DA kicks any harder vs the A5 of similar weight.
Doug