It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Excell Auto magazine extension
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:55 pm 
Utility Grade

I purchased an Excell Auto from a pawn shop. I found out it was missing the O-Ring, and doing research I discovered that Remington 1100 O-Rings fit, so I purchased some to go ahead and take care of that, but haven't had the opportunity to test it out yet.

This particular model has an 18.5" barrel. I plan on using this only for defensive purposes so it will mostly have a diet of buckshot and slugs. I would like to add a magazine extension, and from what I've read here Remington 1100 tube extensions also fit, but I had a couple of questions.

I don't want the extension to stick out past the 18.5" barrel. Will a normal +2 extension work fine? Do I need a new magazine spring or can I just buy the extension and use the stock one? I know someone on the forums has done something similar to their Excell Auto, but I believe they had a longer barrel and longer magazine extension.

Thank you in advance

Post subject: Re: Excell Auto magazine extension
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:33 pm 
Utility Grade

I just bought new the same shotgun you have and I wanted to set up mine exactly as you do. I saw a You Tube video and also read that Remington magazine extensions would work, I also read Benelli Nova extensions would work too.... I took my magazine cap to a local gun shop and found it did fit Remington magazines however I tried two different (Choate & Wilson Combat) extensions and neither fit after 1/2 to 3/4 revolution. I saw an extension for the pump version of our shotgun on eBay and asked the seller if it would work he quickly replied saying no but sent a link to one that would and it works perfectly without any spacers

I also bought an extended choke to extend the barrel to match...
https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product ... earch&cx=0
The stock H&R spring is exactly the same spring that was in the Wilson Combat kit I tried. Using it and the stock follower I can get 8 shells in the tube... after trimming the spring a few coils.

good luck!

Last edited by bulletgwd on Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:48 pm 
Utility Grade

Great info, thank you!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:15 pm 
Utility Grade

So Choate and Wilson Combat extension tubes for Remington will not work according to the post above, but which tube will work?