CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Choke Tube Threading On H&R Topper series
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:14 pm 
Utility Grade

Hey all,

What type of choke tubes is the H&R Topper line (I have an H&R Topper Deluxe) compatible with? Only H&R branded choke tubes? Remington? Winchester? etc?

Thanks,
Sean

H&R Topper Deluxe
Benelli SuperNova Tactical 20155

Post subject: Re: Choke Tube Threading On H&R Topper series
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:33 am 
Utility Grade

Small update. I just found the following info on page 35 of the Marlin 2012 online PDF catalog.

"INVECTOR CHOKE SYSTEM
* Fits most H&R shotguns with screw-in chokes. The exception is the Excell Shotguns
*Available in 12 and 20 gauge. - Modified, Improved Cylinder, Skeet, Full, Extra Full, and Turkey
* Can be used for Winchester and Mossberg Firearms as well"

Which , of course, suggests that the H&R's, Winchester's, & Mossberg's all share the same type of chokes.

http://www.digitaleditiononline.com/pub ... 9652&pre=1

Sean

H&R Topper Deluxe
Benelli SuperNova Tactical 20155

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:07 am 
Field Grade

I think you're right about the Winchester and Mossberg compatability. That's from very dim memory though. All my single barrels (only two) are old fixed choke "one size fits all" confiqurations. That's an old Stevens .410 with a full choke and my present Partner 12 Ga in 27.5" modified. I really, really, really want a 20 Ga 22" modified if you happen to find one laying on the ground somewhere.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:09 pm 
Field Grade

Good day, all.

It is what choke manufacturers such as Briley and TruLock call the "Win Choke". You can call them or any other choke maker to confirm you are buying the correct items.

How do I know? I own (3) H&Rs and they fit like butter.

Tony