It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Remington V3 Piston Stop Plate Screw
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:56 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi, had an issue with my V3. While shooting 5-stand triples, the gun wouldn't cycle. This sucked because I was on fire before it happened. Couldn't get the bolt to come all the way forward. Couldn't get the shell to go into the mag tube. I would eject the shell, put a new one in, and the bolt wouldn't go forward. So I ended up fininsihing the remaining rounds with a friends 1100.

Got it home and a Piston Stop Plate Screw came out and got in the bolt guide which wouldn't let the bolt go forward. I have about 800/900 rounds thru this gun and have cleaned it a few times, I have never checked if these screws were loose. See picture below.

So I have emailed Remington, asked for a couple of screws because I can't find them round here. They are 6/40x.25 cap screws. I can only find them at 3/8 and that's too long.

I will clean the threads out and then add a small amount of blue loctite on these threads when Remington sends me some. I will check these every time I clean it from now on.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/cpg1410/displayimage.php?pos=-21854

Post subject: Re: Remington V3 Piston Stop Plate Screw
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:25 am 
Field Grade

Thanks for the tip. This is the kind of thing that we sometimes learn about the hard way. I am thinking about buying a V3 and this will be one of the first things I check.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:34 pm 
Utility Grade

I have an update on this. Remington cant get me the screws because.... they are not for sale yet.
I will a week and call them back.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:54 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

If you don't want to file the ones you can get, McMaster Carr has them. Also, if you have a Fastenal near you they can get them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:26 pm 
Field Grade

Thanks for the heads up. Caps screws are 7/64th allen. I checked mine, they were still pretty snug. I hope the threads in the receiver didn't get chopped up. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for an easy fix.

This is the thing that shows up in first year production guns.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:41 pm 
Utility Grade

Remington told me not to put anyone's hardware in the gun because if something goes wrong the warranty will be void. So I am waiting for some screws.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:07 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

McMaster-Carr's and Fastenal's are grade 9 - you can not get anything better. If I wanted to shoot it I would, then put their screws in when you get them.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:10 pm 
Tournament Grade

Looks like the screw peened the receiver pretty good. I would be sending the gun back to Remington for inspection.