It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Please Read
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:53 pm 
Utility Grade

I bought my first gun myself about 25 or 30 years ago. It was a Remington Model 10, go figure right? I got it from my cousin for $100 and used it with rifled slugs for Deer hunting. 30" barrel, bead site and made a great 100 yard shot on a doe. Had a problem with it's function about a year ago. Broke it completely down and found the bolt parts all gunked up. Cleaned it well and reassembled it and it functions like new.
BTW, if you or someone you know has one don't disassemble unless you really know what you're doing. These things are complicated to reassemble. That said I wouldn't get rid of mine for anything. Excellent long shotgun.

Post subject: Re: Please Read
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:09 am 
Field Grade

The first shotgun I ever shot was my Dad's Model 11 in 12 gauge. The first rifle - my Dad's Model 550-1 .22. I still have both. I also have my grandfather's Model 241 .22 made in 1936 compelete with Lyman sight.

I later inherited my Uncle's Model 58 12 gauge, until I retired it to the safe and replaced it with a Versa Max a few years ago.

Not to mention my Model 700 in .30-06.

You won't catch me bashing Remington. :D