It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3803 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 191  Next
 Post subject: Re: Versa Max
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:50 pm 
Tournament Grade

Tujays get a steel full choke put some blackcloud 3/1/2 inch mags BB's and reach up and touch somethind with VM trust me that load is great on geese be even better on those paper thin snows

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:05 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Maxus Man73185 wrote:
Tujays get a steel full choke put some blackcloud 3/1/2 inch mags BB's and reach up and touch somethind with VM trust me that load is great on geese be even better on those paper thin snows

I have tried this exact combination in two guns, with BC and they both have thrown patterns that are narrow in width but tall in hight. Call me lucky/unlucky depending on viewpoint, but me and BC have not developed a working relationship yet :wink:

I love liberal math. It's like fiction, but with numbers and stuff.
Fred G

"Progressivism"...new word - It's common but there's no sense in it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:24 pm 
Tournament Grade

im sorry about it that sux Get cracka lackin with the hypersonic then

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:44 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Maxus Man73185 wrote:
im sorry about it that sux Get cracka lackin with the hypersonic then

I have only shot the hypers once so far, results have ben good. Mostly been shooting Kent's for the past couple years. Did try the "wingmaster HD's" in 2008; Very impressed with the results, but not so with the pocket book.
Going out in the morning, lots of birds in the area.

Three days left of duck season.
Three days left of canadian goose season.
Three days left of whitefront season.
Only Four days until all hell breaks loose for the "light goose conservation order" season. Plugs out and no limit! Snow storm anyone?
I fully intend to melt the barrel off of this Versa Max!

Fred G

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:57 am 
Tournament Grade

burn her up

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:55 am 
Utility Grade

Hi TuJays . . any knowledge on if the Versamax safety can be flipped for a lefty?

Great review by the way . . .

Pete

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:06 am 
Presentation Grade

mr oct. yes the safty can be flipped and without removeing the trigger group. you just knock a small pin out (no spring flying) flip the button and reinstsall the pin and yer done. very easy gun also comes with shims for cast and drop and L.O.P.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:50 pm 
Utility Grade

roscoe71 wrote:
mr oct. yes the safty can be flipped and without removeing the trigger group. you just knock a small pin out (no spring flying) flip the button and reinstsall the pin and yer done. very easy gun also comes with shims for cast and drop and L.O.P.

Thanks Roscoe . . . good to know. At one point I was sort of over-the-top with Trapshooting, and did a lot of skeet & sporting clays too. Grew up hunting ducks & geese in South Jersey but don't get to go a lot any more. I'm thinking of picking up one of these as sort of an all-purpose gun. Be nice if someone made a shell catcher for it for trap but a rubber band always works.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:40 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

It handles fast enough for me to scratch out Teal.

Fred G

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:20 pm 
Tournament Grade

Aww man those green wing drakes are beautiful its been long time since i have shot a teal great pic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:21 pm 
Tournament Grade

and more bite the dust to Versamax

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:31 pm 
Utility Grade

How are these guns for high volume shooting. What I'm interested in is how clean they stay. I love the 1100 for trap but it can get a little gumed up after a few hundred rounds of cheap promo ammo. As for all the Browning fans, I've also seen a Maximus with problems and a fairly new bt-99 falling apart and not being fixed by browning. I think quality control of the past is unfortunitly a thing of the past on all companies.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:25 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The gas operating system is simple and rugged. So far it has shot about 400 rounds without a cleaning, (please note that I am taking care of the gun, I just have been neglecting to give the gas system a good cleaning to see if it can take it; so far it has) and I have had no cycling issues thus far.

This morning was my last duck hunt of the season. The ducks are really pouring back into my fields from the south. I can hardly wait until November 2011.......

Fred G

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:54 pm 
Tournament Grade

Shot tow pinnie drakes you son of a gun i have never shot a pinnie drake before

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:01 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Not to many in the flooded timber or sough's, but out in my flooded rice fields i see the "Demon Ducks" by the hundreds. They do not like to decoy and will aggravate duck hunters to no end.....particularly this one :wink:
If patient you will get your shots. I passed on a lot of ducks this morning to get these six...a lot of teal early just like yesterday along with lots of sholver's, along with gadwalls, wigeon and several mallard hens that lit in the decoys. It was a great day :cry:
Gun worked great. No issues.

Fred G

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:32 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Mr. October wrote:
roscoe71 wrote:

Thanks Roscoe . . . good to know. At one point I was sort of over-the-top with Trapshooting, and did a lot of skeet & sporting clays too. Grew up hunting ducks & geese in South Jersey but don't get to go a lot any more. I'm thinking of picking up one of these as sort of an all-purpose gun. Be nice if someone made a shell catcher for it for trap but a rubber band always works.

This is correct:)

Fred G

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:43 am 
Tournament Grade

Man that camo is sharp shot max at some clay today

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:35 pm 
Limited Edition

Maxus, are you saying that you shot the Versa Max at some clay? If so, then how did it perform with the ammo you used?

I am very interested, as money doesn't grow on trees around here and if I can get a true hunting gun that can shoot trap loads on the range as well.....I just might be in heaven!

Remington send me a Versa Max so I can really test it out....its -44 celsius today ( thats -47.2 F for you southern folk!)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:07 pm 
Limited Edition

My season closed in November, stop posting those pictures... it's killing me!
I'm glad the VM is doing good.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:02 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

marbleeye wrote:
My season closed in November, stop posting those pictures... it's killing me!
I'm glad the VM is doing good.

Yeah, but it starts in September {hs#
Ours does not start until November.....You need to follow the migration south....take some time off next year.

Fred G

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3803 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 191  Next