It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Finally took the 870 out
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:18 pm 
Limited Edition

And it was cooooold:

It really shoots flat, more so than I would like. I had big heavy gloves on and my thumb would get in the way of ejecting the spent shell. I need to get used to holding farther out, my O/U has me spoiled regarding my right hand placement. (I shoot left handed)

But I like the gun.

Post subject: Re: Finally took the 870 out
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:26 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Nice picture, looks like you were successful, but what are the 2 eggs for?

cdb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:31 pm 
Limited Edition

cdb1097 wrote:
Nice picture, looks like you were successful, but what are the 2 eggs for?

cdb

I think I'll eat 'em.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:04 pm 
Limited Edition

Nice birds and a very lovely 870!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:38 am 
Presentation Grade

Nice gun, nice birds.....I remember when all duck gun were blued/walnut, A5's 1100's Model 12's, etc., amazing how we changed in the last 25 years.

"a man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun"…..Old Moe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:33 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Marketing. Make something cheaper and convince people it's worth more money. Same with camo. I used to crawl out on bayberry bush limbs to get a clear field of fire in blue jeans and a brown duck coat with a dark olive campaign hat and ducks would land within 10 feet of me. I must admit I bought into it too because the only really good hunting wear I could get was camo. Fortunately good blued steel and walnut does not wear out, and the guns don't gain weight so they need a bigger sized finish.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:13 am 
Crown Grade

longislandloco wrote:
Nice gun, nice birds.....I remember when all duck gun were blued/walnut, A5's 1100's Model 12's, etc., amazing how we changed in the last 25 years.

Yup, kinda the same here........just nice walnut and shiny blue metal...............gotta love it!
:idea: In recent years everything got to have the tactical look, black plastic and flat colored gray/black metal. He!!, I don't even own/ever shot a m16......and really don't want too. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:54 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

If you have a tendency to feel like you are reaching to get to the fore end, don't get a BPS. For some reason it feels like an even longer reach.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:56 pm 
Limited Edition

Virginian wrote:
If you have a tendency to feel like you are reaching to get to the fore end, don't get a BPS. For some reason it feels like an even longer reach.

I haven't used a pump for years, I have long arms but I don't hold far enough out. If you can picture shooting it left handed you can see why the thumb would get in the way when the fingers wouldn't if it was shot right handed.

The heavy clothes and big gloves don't help of course.