It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1100 12 ga not cycling ??
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:31 pm 
Field Grade

I have a 1966 Diamond Anniv. 1100 that I have shot for 15 years.It started acting up and not cycling properly and has gotten progressively worse.Sometimes it fires ejects the empty but leaves the next shell in the carrier.Some times it will fire and the bolt hardly moves back.I have scrubbed cleaned put new O ring new rear spring magazine tube spring. HELP

Post subject: Re: 1100 12 ga not cycling ??
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:34 pm 
Crown Grade

What about changing the springs? Have you done that lately? If not, after 15 years, let alone 50 years since being made - that could be a cause.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:47 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

skeety7 wrote:
I have a 1966 Diamond Anniv. 1100 that I have shot for 15 years.It started acting up and not cycling properly and has gotten progressively worse.Sometimes it fires ejects the empty but leaves the next shell in the carrier.Some times it will fire and the bolt hardly moves back.I have scrubbed cleaned put new O ring new rear spring magazine tube spring. HELP

Sounds like clogged gas ports. BTW, have you soaked the trigger assembly in a good solvent such as mineral spirits? If not, I highly recommend that you do. Then lubricate it with a lightweight gun oil.

Semi-Auto Classifieds is ONLY for Complete Semi-Auto shotguns.
Over/Under Classifieds is ONLY for Complete O/U shotguns.
Items other than a complete shotgun go in OTHER Classifieds.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:26 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

It isn't springs. A good proper cleaning from one end to the other will likely fix it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:34 pm 
Field Grade

Agree w Virginian. It doesn't sound like a spring problem.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:45 am 
Crown Grade

With all the parts you have changed and the cleaning you have done, my question is have you started shooting promo ammunition? Some guns don't cycle well with Winchester Universals, Federal Top Guns, etc., some do. How does yours cycle with AAs and STSs? Just a thought.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:26 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Good catch oldbirdhntr. First question should have been "Does it do it with all loads?"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:35 pm 
Tournament Grade

You may want to give the chamber a good scrubbing also. Bore brush and 0000 steel wool oiled and running the cleaning rod on a drill. I finish up with a 10 ga brush with patches wound on it. I apply JB bore cleaner and polish the chamber and bore.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:27 am 
Field Grade

Found the problem it has sheered a piece of steel off the receiver that the yolk runs in. I will get some pictures and share with you guys tomorrow.Thanks for the suggestions Bruce Ward