It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Model 11 out for an evening
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:47 pm 
Presentation Grade

I took my 1947 vintage model 11 out for some International trap shooting last night. First I've used it since having Carsons put choke tubes in it. Very happy.

I had some Gun Clubs in 1 and 1/8 oz that I used. I had the spring set for heavy loads, very seldom set it for light. One shell failed to fully eject but other than that it threw them far enough to bother the fellow with the O/U next to me. Sorry, but what can a guy do when shooting international ? I was the only non O/U there.

I finished with the 1100 American Classic in 20 ga, man I like that gun. The second shot was getting out there for a 20 ga. I did most of my pheasant hunting with it last fall and it's now my first choice for early season.

The story on the model 11. It came from my mother-in-law when they cleaned out her house. It was found uncased in a kitchen closet, no one knew there was a gun in the house and no one ever knew my father-in-law to ever hunt. (Yeah, that kind of house).

It looked to be near new, most likely never used, or very little.

Post subject: Re: Model 11 out for an evening
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:49 pm 
Field Grade

I too enjoy taking my model 11's out for a shoot. I normally hunt with my Auto 5's but always enjoy a few trips to the field with one of my two model 11's. The little 20 gauge is great on a dove field or a snipe hunt. If I'm not mistaken, it is also a 1947. I almost traded it last weekend...glad I didn't.