It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1100 not cocking on second shot
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:11 am 
Presentation Grade

Not my gun. Problem may be all in limp wristing the gun or jack west stock.

My friend is mentoring a new lady shooter. He let her shoot many of his guns but she liked his 1100 with light contour barrel and jack west stock. Now even this gun has problems sometimes but being buddys all we do is joke and laugh at him. Anyway this gal builds one exactly like his. First weekend out we head to start of sporting course and it will not fire the second shot. I ask her to stop after first shot so I can see. Yep hammer is on bolt. Lots of other short stroking evidence through out the morning. Shot shell still chambered, shot shell crushed, not cocked, sometimes it would work...LOL. I shot it with no problems. I'm 180lbs. I'm not trying to interfere with my friend and his lady friend. He was part swapping like crazy with mixed results and sometimes temporary functioning. I was trying to express my opinion that it's not the gun per say. How to make this gun function for this gal?

Post subject: Re: 1100 not cocking on second shot
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:30 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

A good cleaning, and making sure that the gas rings and o-ring are installed correctly will solve most of the problems. You don't need a firm mount with a gas gun. You can shoot an 1100 from the hip. Ammo has an effect.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:45 am 
Crown Grade

I agree with oregunner; if the gun is clean and put together correctly, and parts have ben swapped, I would take a look at the ammunition. It may be worth trying AA Super Sport loads or other premium ammunition to see what effect that has. Some 1100s just don't like promotional loads no matter how many parts you swap. And, with the rebate, AAs from Academy and similar sources are almost as inexpensive as most of the cheap stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:12 am 
Presentation Grade

Gun is super clean. To the point I'd almost ask them to oil it. I agree gas guns work on the pressure pushing the transfer bars rearward but it the gun is moving backward fast enough it will reduce the effectiveness of that motion. I would like to see them inhibit the recoil reduction part of this stock and see what happens.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:16 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Shoot it wet, and don't shoot amenic ammo. Did it work for you, using the same ammo that she was using?