It is currently Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cast on 20 Ga.?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:32 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Does the 20 gauge 686 sporting have cast in the stock? I see them listed on Coles and Etchen as right hand but it appears it may only be a palm swell. Am I reading this right?
I'm looking at something to shoot subgauge with and generally like a little cast to fit me right. The Browning does, but I can't get happy about ported barrels.

Post subject: Re: Cast on 20 Ga.?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:40 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Tash,

Beretta 686 SP's do come standard with cast off for a RH shooter. (And you can order a LH stock with cast on). The 686's I have handled do not have palm swell, but that could certainly be possible given the numerous models.

Browning shotguns are supposed to come from the factory with neutral cast. You mention that your Browning has cast to it, but you may want to double check that. If it does have cast it is either due to wood being wood and it bent after mfg. by chance, or it could be that you/previous owner had it bent on purpose.

Post subject: Re: Cast on 20 Ga.?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:02 pm 
Tournament Grade

The 20 ga. 686 Sporting does indeed come with both a palm swell (the 12ga does not) and a bit of cast.