It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 4:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DT11 ACS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:43 am 
Utility Grade

DT11 ACS owners please chime in about overall thoughts of the DT11 ACS. Just curious how you like the low Monte Carlo stock and rib height. Also if anyone can post the stock specs that would be great.

Last edited by MJ8 on Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: DT11 ACS gun fit
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:38 pm 
Crown Grade

Do you know what a DT11 ACS looks like? The current model has an adjustable comb and adjustable rib. With this model there's no "low" Monte Carlo and the rib height is anything but low. As to your question about fit........it is whatever the shooter makes it to be.

Post subject: Re: DT11 ACS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:05 pm 
Utility Grade

Joel Etchen's description:
DT-11 ACS (All Clay Sports)
12 gauge, 30" or 32" barrels, low monte carlo stock, adjustable comb and new adjustable rib. Comes in case with 5 extended choke tubes, , Steelium Pro barrels, Optima HP extended choke tubes (5 included), drop out trigger, comes in Plastic case.

This looks like a low monte carlo stock to me.
http://www.joeletchenguns.com/9330b.JPG

I own a DT11 sporting and I'm just trying to get a general consensus as to how owners like the overall ACS setup. I removed "fit" from my post title so it's not misleading.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:12 pm 
Tournament Grade

I really like my DT11 ACS -- been shooting very well with it.

if someone can point me to information on *how* to measure the stock I'd be happy to do so.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:42 pm 
Tournament Grade

I just got one-Being left handed I could not find a LH model-so I had the stock bent and the palm swell shaved and re checkered.
Its a very very solid gun-I plan to shoot it a lot so well see how it hold up.
My only disappointment is the forearm cracked-easy repair-but the method of attachment forearm wood to metal is poorly designed.-Wood to metal crush fit-I've been tempted to design a new plate insert that actually works.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:44 pm 
Presentation Grade

I bought an ACS last year and love it. I was perfectly happy with my MX8 but got the chance through a local dealer to shoot a demo gun for a couple of rounds of sporting clays and liked the gun enough to buy it. The weight is mostly in the receiver and it is very smooth swinging, the barrel regulation is perfect and the patterns are excellent. Very happy with it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:53 am 
Utility Grade

PJR wrote:
I bought an ACS last year and love it. I was perfectly happy with my MX8 but got the chance through a local dealer to shoot a demo gun for a couple of rounds of sporting clays and liked the gun enough to buy it. The weight is mostly in the receiver and it is very smooth swinging, the barrel regulation is perfect and the patterns are excellent. Very happy with it.

I found a used ACS which I am interested in buying, and I have been trying to find multiple opinions/reviews on this model but there doesn’t seem to be much info out there in shotgun land. I have also noticed that there are very few offerings of used ones to be found.

And sooo...I am wondering if you are still as pleased with the gun as you were when you originally posted these comments nearly 2 years ago. I also wonder if there are few used ACS models out there for sale because the folks who own them never part with them, or is it because it is not a popular model in the first place.

Any thoughts on this?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:38 am 
Crown Grade

I have a ACS model and have been shooting sporting clays with the gun so far.I have the rib set for about 50/50 to shoot with and it performs very well.I have been shooting the gun for about 2-months now and have gotten used to the fit and feel.The gun throws just a super pattern using 1&1/8 oz shells and hammers the target,the recoil seems to be diminished also as per the video info?I haven't
gotten to try it out on trap,but eventually will do so,in the future.There are not many if at all used ones on the market,so you would be lucky to find one.the only problem that I had was that the adjustment screw that holds the rib tight would come loose as I shot the gun ,but lock tight blue,fixed that.I intend to keep this gun for,a long time.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:05 pm 
Presentation Grade

ClaysOnlyShooter wrote:
And sooo...I am wondering if you are still as pleased with the gun as you were when you originally posted these comments nearly 2 years ago. I also wonder if there are few used ACS models out there for sale because the folks who own them never part with them, or is it because it is not a popular model in the first place.

Any thoughts on this?

I'm more happy with the gun two years after my initial post. I have shot some of my best scores with it. It is comfortable to shoot and hits the targets well.

I can't say how common they are but I do know one other ACS owner and neither of us will part with the gun.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:10 am 
Utility Grade

I've been a long time Beretta fan, my first was an A302 which I've shot thousands of rounds through with both field and clay usage. Next I found a deal on a 686 20ga that I used for grouse about 6 years ago, then stumbled upon a deal on a used 687 Silver Pigeon 12ga that I tried my best to get used to but never seemed to fit me well - and never shot all that well. (My friends and I just started shooting registered sporting clays at the start of 2017.) After testing a 692 I fell in love with that gun and was dead set on buying it - then came across a deal on a used DT11 ACS 32" last Christmas and pulled the trigger. (No pun intended, lol)

All I can say is this is the most impressive shotgun I've ever owned. Built like a tank, fits me very well as I'm 6' 4" and 350 lbs..so yeah, definitely a gun for a big guy, but I've seen lots of people shoot them. I really like that the comb and rib are adjustable - been fooling around a little to get it just right. I've only had it out to the range twice since I bought it, but was a dream to shoot both times. The extra weight really smoothed out my swings, really crushes clays. I still need to pattern all the chokes and really make sure how it is shooting, but so far very pleased. Will try to check back later in the season to let you know if I'm still happy with it, but I'm pretty certain I will be...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:05 pm 
Utility Grade

I picked up a DT-11 ACS from Etchen's last week after looking at the Sporting model. I'm moving up from a 692 Sporting with 30" and intended on going with a DT-11 Sporting 32". Matt at Etchen's had asked if I ever shouldered the ACS which I had not on my first trip in because I thought it would be significantly more in price and I also worried about the mid-rib being a completely different sight picture and that was a concern. It was only about 3% more than the Sporting model with the factory adjustable comb which kind of surprised me.

I put 125 through it yesterday at Seven Springs and the gun felt so good. My ACS weighs in a 8 lb 15 oz and I'm glad I went with the slightly heavier of the two they had in stock. The gun just feels so stout and so much more substantial than the smaller framed O/Us I've shouldered. I didn't fool around with the adjustable rib much - I just set it right in the middle. I won't say its my forever gun, but just from working at home practicing my mounts (I shoot low gun) and swinging, it feels absolutely phenomenal. To add to SwollenGoat's comment right above, I am 5'10"/190lbs with a broad build and the gun fits me rather well so its versatile in that regard. I'm 30 years old so the extra weight did not bother me much after handling it.

https://imgur.com/a/PV6Ap

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:30 pm 
Crown Grade

Enjoy it,you will like the pattern's it throws,I sure like mine!