Shotgun Forum banner

391 Teknys Gold - X-tra Wood Cleaning

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  RWH24 
#1 ·
Looking for something recommended for cleaning the X-tra Wood semi-gloss found on the Teknys Gold and others besides simply "wiping it down".

#6 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I am new to the Teknys, so to be honest I'm not even sure I have the X-tra Wood on the stock and fore-end.

I am going by what the manual says -
"The AL391 Teknys boasts a semi-gloss X-Tra Wood finish on stock and fore-end. This unique finish, featuring strong grain lines, enhances the elegant wood of the stock and the fore-end. The X-Tra Wood finish is 50% more weatherproof than traditional varnishing."

It says under Technical Features for Stock, Fore-end -
"Selected Walnut, checkered, X-Tra Wood"

It sounds like, as MasterOfPuppets said, it is Select Walnut, but uses an X-Tra Wood finish!?!?

Also - *scratches head* - hmmm.....

#9 ·
Thanks RWH24. The bottom of the pistolgrip says nothing. Just smooth, beautiful wood. I'm still wondering why the manual seems to indicate that Teknys models have X-tra Wood without mentioning that it is simply an option.

Based on what you're saying, this is not X-tra Wood. By the way, I really like the way the wood looks on this gun, so I have no complaints no matter what. I'll take a look at an X-tra Wood gun at a gun shop so I'll know what it looks like.

Thanks again all for your help!

#10 ·
I think the Teknys is comes with X-Tra wood, and the GOLD comes with Select Walnut. X-Tra wood looks like laminate flooring, heh, whereas the Select walnut is friggin gorgeous (at least mine is). I would bet it's Walnut if you have the Teknys Sporting Gold like I do. :)

#11 ·
The Teknys Field has X-tra Wood
The Gold Teknys has "real wood"

The Beretta Onyx Pro uses the X-tra Wood also (O/U)
Ask and ye shall receive; It just might take some time :roll:

My 391 Urika Optima came with a factory manual and
nowhere does it say anything about Optima Bore or Optima choke tubes.
It does mention Mobile choke tubes numerous times thou.
Their printer must be real slow :oops:

#13 ·
I have the Teknys Field version and it has Xtra Wood finish on it. They all have select walnut stocks, just different finishes. The Gold and Gold Sporting Teknys guns don't have the Xtra finish on them, they have "real" finish on them. Teknys rules either way though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.