It is currently Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Identifying Beretta Choke Tube Types
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:22 am 
Field Grade

Can I try and get someone to add to this...

Does anyone make Extended type tubes for the Extema? I have been looking at maybe coming up with some custom chokes for the Extrema I am currently shooting trap and 5 stand with.

"Molly" McFlusher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:26 am 
Field Grade

duckmart wrote:
Does Pattern Master make chokes for the Xtrema2? Thanks

they make it for the Extrema, I have one, so I would assume they make it for the Xtrema2

"Molly" McFlusher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:34 pm 
Utility Grade

has anyone removed the early type choke tube? can it be replaced with something else?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:42 pm 
Utility Grade

OK this may be a trivial question but I was looking on MPC sports website and I was looking @ Briley 20 gauge extended chokes. I have a Benelli 20ga M1 and a Beretta 20 gauge White Onyx. When I look @ the Benelli extended chokes they are $3.00 less than the Beretta extended mobile chokes. Aren't they the exact same choke?? $3.00 is no big deal but just curious if I'm way off base or not???

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:21 pm 
Utility Grade

I just purchased a Silver Pigeon I, and all the literature claims Optima Bore chokes, but from the photos above, I'm certain that it came with Mobil chokes. Does that sound wacky? I know they are a tight fit to install.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:27 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Jeep5ter, I am not as familiar with current models of Beretta O/U's as I am with the semiautomatics. I did shoot Beretta O/U's for years before I went over to the dark side of the force, but that was decades ago.

I just checked the Beretta USA web site, and the specs on the Silver Pigeon I say MC (mobil choke). http://www.berettausa.com/products/686- ... on-i-12ga/

The tubes shouldn't be hard to get in, though. Do you have any oil or grease on them? Are they still tight after running the same one in and out a few times? Tolerances on the threads of both the tubes and the barrels are small, but there is a little variation, and some tube/barrel combinations are tighter than others.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:00 pm 
Utility Grade

Seamus: I just picked up some MobilChokess made by MDS and they fit just as well as the originals. Tight tolerance, but seat fully - I made sure to oil them up first. Maybe I'm just used to a sloppier fit. Cabela's had SP-I listed as Optima bore, and the manual was confusing to say the least. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:38 am 
Tournament Grade

I agree that it is often difficult to detect exactly which choke you are supposed to use for Berettas, and I believe that the year of manufacture plays a role. If you click on the following link to the Beretta website, you should be able to tell by looking at your barrels and/or the factory chokes if you have them.

http://berettausa.custhelp.com/app/answ ... il/a_id/41

Ie, if your barrel has "OB" stamped on the barrel next to the gauge, then you have Optima chokes. If you see "PB" on the side of one of your factory chokes, then you have Mobilchokes.

hope this helps,
mark

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:44 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Seamus O'Caiside wrote:
Jeep5ter, I am not as familiar with current models of Beretta O/U's as I am with the semiautomatics. I did shoot Beretta O/U's for years before I went over to the dark side of the force, but that was decades ago.

I just checked the Beretta USA web site, and the specs on the Silver Pigeon I say MC (mobil choke). http://www.berettausa.com/products/686- ... on-i-12ga/

The tubes shouldn't be hard to get in, though. Do you have any oil or grease on them? Are they still tight after running the same one in and out a few times? Tolerances on the threads of both the tubes and the barrels are small, but there is a little variation, and some tube/barrel combinations are tighter than others.

Just bought a new SP1 and it came with Optima chokes.

NSSA Level 1 Skeet Instructor
NRA Certified RSO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:45 am 
Field Grade

Does anyone know what this choke is? http://www.huntingplayground.com/truloc ... ber12715p/

Is that a mobilchoke? My used AL391 Urika Sporting 30" came with 2 IC's by trulock and a skeet.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:23 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Yes, that is mobilchoke. Ber/Ben is a designation that choke tube makers use for tubes that fit the Beretta mobilchoke and the Benelli equivalent.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:57 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Redcobra wrote:
Seamus O'Caiside wrote:

Just bought a new SP1 and it came with Optima chokes.

I believe the field is Mobil and Sporting models are Optima

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx
http://www.rosecityflyingclays.com/
http://www.caneycreeklodge.net/shootingsports.html

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:42 pm 
Field Grade

Seamus O'Caiside wrote:
Yes, that is mobilchoke. Ber/Ben is a designation that choke tube makers use for tubes that fit the Beretta mobilchoke and the Benelli equivalent.

Thank you sir just wanted to double check. From what I was reading trulock is pretty good? Is there any other chokes I should get my friends father said IC is good all around but for targets farther out I might want to get something else. I'm mainly going to do sporting clays, just got into it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:59 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Yes, Trulock makes good choke tubes.

Yes, the guy was right, IC is a good all-around choke. For a few Sporting clays targets you might want something a little tighter, say Lt Mod or Mod. Since you've already got a Skt and IC, If you want to get by with 3 tubes, Skt, IC and Mod would be a good combination. You won't need the Mod very often, but it is a good idea to have one just in case.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:17 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Seamus O'Caiside wrote:
You won't need the Mod very often, but it is a good idea to have one just in case.

IMO it depends on the course also,I'm not a choke changer and shoot L/M-MOD or just MOD and don't feel handicapped at all by not using more open chokes.

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx
http://www.rosecityflyingclays.com/
http://www.caneycreeklodge.net/shootingsports.html

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:38 pm 
Field Grade

hopper810 wrote:
Seamus O'Caiside wrote:
You won't need the Mod very often, but it is a good idea to have one just in case.

IMO it depends on the course also,I'm not a choke changer and shoot L/M-MOD or just MOD and don't feel handicapped at all by not using more open chokes.

Thanks Seamus and Hopper. I totally agree I don't want to get fixated on chokes thats why I'm just going to stick with IC unless there is a real reason to change. I went to Deer Creek hunt club for my first time shooting sporting clays on Saturday and shot with IC and I did 57/100. I was told it was moderate difficulty. All I shot clay wise before that was a hand trap at a conservation area. I just want to be prepared for other courses now and better myself. After chokes I'm going to have to look into clay specific shooting glasses.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:06 pm 
Utility Grade

Hey Guys, I needed to put my 2 cents in on this. I have a Beretta Urika AL391 ,which appears to be a "transitional" model. It came new with optima plus choke tubes but the barrel is marked as OB. The forarm is marked as optima. According to a conversation i had with Beretta this morning, the early model 391's were this way. The gun is chambered for 3" not 3 and 1/2 ". There are no references in the web site about this modal , but Beretta ran the serial nuimber and conmfermed that it left the factory in this configuration. I hate to muddy the waters ,but wanted to post this in case anyone else has one of these .

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:41 pm 
Field Grade

I just bought a used A303 12ga Special Trap, manufactured in 1988, and I've looked through this thread and can't identify what type of choke tubes it takes. I thought it should be a Mobilchoke, but the dimensions (shown in the picture) look wrong. It only came with the one shown (hope I figured out how to include images correctly), and I'd like to get a few others. Any suggestions?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99037701@N00/7158747791/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:20 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The barrel on my 303 took Mobil chokes.

“Endeavor to clear your mind of can't.” - Francis P. Church

Col 4:6
Hate the ads? Become a Bonus Member, click here.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:32 am 
Field Grade

Rastoff wrote:
The barrel on my 303 took Mobil chokes.

That what I would have thought, but when I look at the picture of the Mobil choke in the first post on this thread, it's much longer, and the threads are on the end of the choke tube, not 20mm down from the end like on mine.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next