It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beretta in a Nutshell
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Company Summary
Beretta USA is right on target. The company is the North American manufacturing and marketing arm of the oldest gunsmith company in the world. Products include handguns, rifles, and shotguns, as well as knives, accessories, and sporting apparel. The company sells to law enforcement agencies and through exclusive distributors, and at its high-end retail galleries. US galleries are located in Dallas and New York City and also offer hand-finished firearms, specialty books, gift items, and custom-made hunting apparel.

Companies owned by Beretta:
Benelli
Sako
Tikka
Franchi
Stoeger
Uberti Replicas

Company Facts
2005 Revenue (USD): 72.70M
2005 Employees: 325
17601 Beretta Dr.
Accokeek, MARYLAND 20607
USA - Map
+1-301-283-2191 (Phone)
301-283-0435 (Fax)
http://www.berettausa.com

Management
Ugo Gussalli Beretta President
Steve Biondi CFO
Patrick McDonald VP, Sales and Marketing

Post subject: Re: Beretta in a Nutshell
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 7:02 am 
Limited Edition

The last time I was in NYC, the Beretta store was closed for good. Maybe they moved to a different location. They were in the "high rent" district. Beretta also owns Burris scopes.

Post subject: re: Beretta in a Nutshell
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:39 pm 
Utility Grade

Its still around...maybe not its original location...Madison Ave....but I was there 3 times this year :) http://www.berettausa.com/gallery/gallery_locations.htm

Post subject: re: Beretta in a Nutshell
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:52 am 
Crown Grade

It was there a few months ago - Madison Ave - same as for years.

It's SxS, DT splinter/English for me!
Shotguns speak in many voices and fortunate are those of us who hear more than one.
May God bless our Union.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:03 pm 
Utility Grade

Can anyone tell me how you put in a plug on a Beretta Pintail 12 g auto .I need to plug it to be legal.I thought they all pluged like my Browning but not so. Help!! Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:18 pm 
Field Grade

Still doesn't take away from the fact that Beretta service and parts are 10 yrs behind other mgfr's!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:37 pm 
Crown Grade

sanremo wrote:
Still doesn't take away from the fact that Beretta service and parts are 10 yrs behind other mgfr's!

So you are saying Coles and the new service network that Beretta put together months ago is not providing good service.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:15 pm 
Utility Grade

I just purchased a Beretta product that required some warranty service. The first time I shot my new Beretta pistol, the Beretta emblem on the wood grip fell off. I did not notice it until I was cleaning the firearm later that day. I called Beretta and they sent out two sets of new emblems for me. I thought that was good service, all I could ask for really.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:53 pm 
Utility Grade

I have been looking in to getting a 12G double barrel shotgun pref. upper and lower barrel, to use for clays and dove hunting but that i also could use for other game. Out of all the companys that Beretta own which one would you recomend if i am not looking into spending to much money but that i can rely on to not give me problems? :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:32 pm 
Field Grade

Carleen33,
I own a Beretta 687 12 ga. O/U and a 686 20 ga. O/U. I have owned a 471 SxS 20 ga. in the past. I have had need for warranty service on the 687 due to a stock crack that developed when it was first used. Service was excellent and I think the replacement stock has prettier wood than the original. I love my Berettas. They have functioned flawlessly (with the exception of the crack) every time I pulled the trigger. In my opinion, they are the best buy for the money that I have found.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:03 am 
Field Grade

My experience with Beretta parts dept and ordering has been horrific ! At the Grand they never have enough parts with them to sell to customers who want spare parts or can install the parts them selves > If you want to pay them a high labor rate they have all the parts they need to have THEIR gun smiths work on your gun. That really hurts the average shooter who knows the ins and outs of their automatic lines from the 301- 391. The biggest downside at least at the Grand is they always seem to be back logged and only bring 2 gunsmiths ! So if you make a trip to the Grand just for parts, repairs, and shopping you need 2-3 extra days if you want Beretta to service your auto loader !

I have since sold ALL my 390's (5), my 687EELL, and a nice DT 10 for the above reasons. Some how Caesar Guerini and Blaser know how to attract new buyers and supply superb service in a very timely manner ! Beretta USA needs to come out of the dark ages when they were the only game in town. Service and parts availability are paramount to customer satisfaction.

Wake up Beretta, the market is passing you by !

Let me bring up another idea for your marketing dept. Try offering 3 and 4 barrel sets for shooters who enjoy all guage shooting !

The title of this very appropriate ....Beretta will make you a nut Job !

MY apologies To Beretta REP Mark Joyce who always was kind enough to help me in a pinch !!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:44 pm 
Field Grade

I've got a Beretta Mk II Trap and it's one of the finest guns I own.

Post subject: Beretta reliability
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:52 am 
Tournament Grade

Over the years I have owned and used Beretta 302, 303, 390 391 Semi Autos as well as a 687 EELL, several 682X Trap, a 686 OU.....I have never had a issue with any of these guns, I wasn't aware they had or needed a service dept....???

I was at the Grand in Vandalia one year and did notice a Beretta gunsmith at a service booth of sorts...He was just smoking a cigar, drinking a coffee and listening to some classical music, bored out of his mind because he had nothing to do ...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:49 pm 
Crown Grade

I have two Beretta model 410, 10 ga. guns (SXS, DT). One is per Beretta specs., the other was modified (barrels shortened & Briley tubes installed) by a previous owner. They are exceedingly solid, reliable guns. I bought a CZ 20 ga. Bob White to shoot marsh hens with. I didn't want to take an expensive gun out in the salt marsh as a marsh hen gun leads a dogs life. I was very pleasantly surprised. It is a much better gun than I expected for the price. I did have to send it to the warranty repair service but they had it turned around in less than a week. The quality is not as good as my SL Merkel or my Berettas but for 1/10 the price, what do you expect?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:33 pm 
Field Grade

Simply the best O/U gun out there. Browning Superposed close 2nd. The rest are wannabees. It's very hard to match their Semi-Autos too.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:20 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

poe400 wrote:
Simply the best O/U gun out there. Browning Superposed close 2nd. The rest are wannabees.

Strictly a matter of opinion. I presently own O/Us by Beretta, Browning, SKB and Winchester. The Beretta is my least favorite.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:00 pm 
Diamond Grade

Beretta alive and well on Madison Ave. Was just there today, picked up a coupla logo hoodies & a hat. Was going to have lunch next door, but they wanted $70 for a plate of pasta. I'll spend ridiculous money on guns......but not on spaghetti.

Blaser F3 Super Trap 34" Unsingle
Beretta DT11 30" Sport
Beretta SP 1 30" Sport
Browning Ultra XS Sport 30"