CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mossberg 935 results?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:45 pm 
Tournament Grade

I am thinking about a used 935 for turkeys and predators. Could you folks who have some experience with these shotguns please share your experiences? What chokes are you finding useful for these purposes? Does recoil seem less? Thanks...

NRA

Post subject: Re: Mossberg 935 results?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:57 pm 
Diamond Grade

I have a 935 that has been excellent at killing turkeys. The patterns it throws are excellent. Never had much luck with predators, but that's not the gun's fault. The Ulti-full turkey choke that came with mine has never disappointed during turkey season or for the local turkey shoots. Recoil with 3 1/2" loads is tolerable for someone who isn't recoil shy. 3" loads are much more "user" friendly and will accomplish your hunting goals just as well in my opinion. I love mine and wouldn't take any amount of money for it. It's not gonna win any beauty contests, but it's reliable and it kills what I shoot at with it.

The only hiccup with the 935 is that it doesn't consistently cycle light loads...when it is new. Mine is about 2 years old now and cycles light loads just fine. Good luck in whatever you decide! :)