It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Difference between 9200 and 9200A1 (Jungle Gun)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:45 am 
Field Grade

Hi all,

New to Mossbergs and was reading on Havlin Sales site about some replacement Mossberg barrels that the 9200A1 barrel will fit only those guns and not non-A1 9200 shotguns.

So now I'm curious, what is the difference in the two guns?

Also, since we're on the subject of the 9200 and 9200A1 for those of you who have them or have had them, Whats the word on them? Good? Bad? Certainly not ugly.

Post subject: Re: Difference between 9200 and 9200A1 (Jungle Gun)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:37 pm 
Utility Grade

Different gas systems, the Jungle Gun's being simpler. Also, the Jungle Gun was chambered in 2 3/4" only while the 9200 will run 3" shells as well.

Post subject: Re: Difference between 9200 and 9200A1 (Jungle Gun)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:37 pm 
Presentation Grade

I believe the Master Sergeant is correct on the differences between the 9200 and the A1. As for the quality/durability of the guns themselves, I've owned a 9200 since 1995, and it's only failed me one time. Last summer, while shooting a round of trap, it failed to go into battery. After removing the trigger assembly, I found the cause of the problem. The "saddle" that the bolt rides on had come loose from the action arm assembly, and as a result the action arm assembly was hanging up on the hammer (I think it was the hammer, anyway). I sent it off to Mossberg for repair over the winter, and it was safely back in my possession before trap season began this spring. All told, I probably had close to 10K rounds through it before that happened. A mix of loads, from 1 oz target loads to 3" magnums while hunting late season pheasant in South Dakota. Haven't shot it yet this year, as I purchased a CZ Redhead four months ago, and that is now my clays gun. The 9200 will come out again when it's time to get ready for pheasant season.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein