It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The 930 JM pro anyone have one? Good or bad reviews
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:01 pm 
Utility Grade

Reviews I have found aren't bad though I haven't looked much. I like the options and its set up nice especially for its average selling price new? If anyone that has owned one or had first hand experience I'd love to hear the good the bad the ugly. This would be a hard use gun so needs to take a licken and keep on ticking. The fact jerry put his name on seems promising to me. Or did I fall for the hype. I like the Remington versa max tactical but this looks close to it. Plus it is close to 300 bucks cheaper on average market price. Ease of disassembly and so on would help any good info. Thanks guys if anyone has another bargain priced semi auto 12 gauge similar to these two option point them out I'm looking at saving money but not regretting the purchase.

Post subject: Re: The 930 JM pro anyone have one? Good or bad reviews
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:39 pm 
Utility Grade

A friend of mine owns one of the 24" JM Pros in kriptic typhoon. I love shooting it. Smooth shooting. Nice trigger. Swings well. Kriptic coating is a bit fragile. Started to wear after a few barrel dumps at the 3gun range.
Keep it clean and lubed and it cycles light loads fine.

Post subject: Re: The 930 JM pro anyone have one? Good or bad reviews
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:39 am 
Field Grade

Both my SPX, and 930 JM Pro ran great out of the box. I just cleaned, and ran a box of high velocity birdshot through them first.

The bad: The gas system is dirty. The Versamax taps gas from right in front of the chamber. The 930 gets gas much farther down the barrel, and you get more carbon fouling. IMHO the piston design is not really all that smart, but if you keep it clean (ultrasonic cleaner works great) it runs fine.