It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bolt Problem
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:20 pm 
Field Grade

I have a Mossberg 190K-A 16ga. It has a bolt problem. The bolt handle turn, a little in the socket it fits into in the bolt. Has anyone here came across this before? If so what did you do to fix it?

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Mule

Post subject: Re: Bolt Problem
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:14 am 
Tournament Grade

If that's the only prob, solder it. If you aren't in the mood, check Numrich. They usually have the bolt bodies pretty cheap.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:42 am 
Field Grade

I thought about solder but figgered that might be too soft. My next thought was Brass. The only drawback to brass is that it will have to be hotter for the brass to flow. I have everything necessary to solder or braze. As far as that goes, I am equipped to silver solder it. Numrich has a body for $30.00 plus shipping. I hesitate to order it cause I don't really want to spend more money on the gun. Then I think, what difference does it make? I'm never going to sell the gun. I "would" like to have it in perfect workin condition.

Readin back over this it looks like I am lookin for someone to tell me what to do. I guess I need to make a decision.

Thanks, drahcirl, for the suggestions and encouragement to go ahead and "do something".

Mule

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:10 pm 
Tournament Grade

Taking it to a smith, he'd solder it or braze it, too, and he'd charge you more than the bolt body. It is a good gun, but sinking a lot of money into it is something I won't make the decision for. I say that now but me, a few months back, I paid more for a new stock for an old Marlin A1 .22 rifle than the entire rifle cost me. It's a labor of love, too. We all have those. If that one's yours, don't apologize for it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:58 pm 
Field Grade

I ain't good at hiring someone to do something I can do. I normally have to redo what I hire done. Well, I disassembled the bolt. The firing pin mechanism passes through the handle. This causes no problem as far as brazing it goes. But, I need the little red and green safety buttons. So, I think I will call Numirich tomorrow and order a bolt body and the buttons.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:40 am 
Field Grade

havlinsales.com might be able to help you out also