It is currently Tue May 30, 2017 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help me please, Moss SA 20 walnut or Weatherby SA-08 Deluxe
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:00 pm 
Field Grade

Hi. I am in search of a new semi auto 20 gauge, and have narrowed down my choices to either the Walnut stocked Mossberg SA-20 or the Weatherby SA 08 Deluxe 20 gauge. I know they are both made by a similar company in Turkey, but I was wondering if the Weatherby is worth the extra few dollars ? I am concerned that the Mossberg may not handle target loads as well as the Weatherby. Is this a valid concern?

Thanks,
Joe

Post subject: Re: Help me please, Moss SA 20 walnut or Weatherby SA-08 Del
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:01 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

They are not the same gun. But I do have the SA-08 Deluxe in 20ga and absolutely love it! Completely reliable, and absolutely gorgeous. Well worth it in my opinion.

Good luck and safe shooting.

PM or contact sales@hollywoodoptical.com for details

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:40 am 
Tournament Grade

Location: Lincoln, Nebraska My hometown, but I'll move later...
Joe,
I have the Sa-20 and a friend has the Sa-08. I think my Sa-20 is easier to clean, meaning easier to take down. If that helps.
At first my gun would not fire the Wally World bulk pack Winchester ammo. I took a steel wool wound barrel brush and some oil to the chamber. It ran great after that. I can shoot everything since then with no problems.
I had one of the first generation models and one of the pieces in the bolt assembly did break causing total failure of the gun. Luckily my warranty covered it and it was replaced.
Like everything manufactured these days you'll take your chances if it's reliable or not. Tony

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:32 pm 
Field Grade

I've owned both models and am partial to the SA 20. Just my opinion!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:13 am 
Tournament Grade

Let us know what you end up with . Just curious which one you choose and how you like it .

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:21 am 
Field Grade

Hello ronlhodges. I ended up purchasing the walnut stocked SA-20. So far, with just a few hundred rounds through it, I am very happy. The fit and finish of the gun itself was very nice. The stock and forearm wood is nicely figured and the gun fits me to a tee. It points and shoots right where I look and it's a very soft shooting gun. I am extremely happy with my purchase. I purchased online through Buds Guns shop. They are extremely reasonable in price, and their service is top notch. I even was able to purchase a lifetime warranty for the gun for around $12.00. Total price was under $525.00

Regards,
Joe