It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SA 20
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:46 pm 
Field Grade

Anyone know why Mossberg chose a different action for the 20 instead of making the 20 on the same action as the 930?

Post subject: Re: SA 20
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:24 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Mossberg does not make and did not design the SA-20: it is made in Turkey, strictly an import.

http://randywakeman.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:20 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Mossberg has had a spotty record with 12 gauge autoloaders over the years. They have made some decent guns that never caught on. The 930 is an entirely new design that works very well and has been a real success.

20 gauge autoloaders can be finicky and the overall market for them is smaller than for 12 gauge autos. I can guess that Mossberg thought it easier and safer to go with a proven reliable design that they could bring to market without the investment in tooling and production line time. The SA-20 does that well.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:27 pm 
Field Grade

I've had my SA 20 for 2-3 yrs. and after working the bugs out am pleased with it. I went from a 12 ga. to a 20 ga. to lessen the recoil A couple of back injuries have made me more sensitive to recoil and this model with the pistol grip seem to help, plus is very light & maneuverable as a home defense firearm. Even had it threaded for various choke tubes.