It is currently Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 835
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:24 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi all, new to the forum and I would like to ask a question to all those who do or have used the 835 Ulti Mag. What did you think of the gun?

Post subject: Re: 835
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:04 am 
Utility Grade

Well, reading the older post shows what I already believe. Those that like em . love em. The only drawback I found was recoil and weight but as I'm a big guy these don't bother me much. I have the DU version with wooden furniture. Only thing I'd change is to put a synthetic stock on her. The wood is a little too blocky to me.

Post subject: Re: 835
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:23 am 
Tournament Grade

It's a 500 series gun. Not much can or will ever go wrong with that. It actually weighs pretty much exactly what a 500 does when comparing apples to apples and recoil is a result of ammo used, not the gun. As to 3.5" shells, how often do you foresee yourself shooting them? If it's often, then go for it. It's the best 3.5" gun there is in my opinion. If it's not often, well, there's still no real reason not to buy it. If it's already yours, you can switch the mag tube to a 500 and then use 500 barrels, too. Your 835 as is can even use 6 shot 595 barrels if you find one lying around. Stock and forearm are identical to the other 500 series guns. Same parts. All will fit it.

AGD, welcome to the forum, sir! Always room for one more!