It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Monarch shotshells
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:52 am 
Tournament Grade

I recently purchased a new Mossberg SA-20. I am looking to purchase some ammo to use in my new toy and came across some Monarch 20 gauge 2 3/4", 7/8 oz, 1300fps #8's. I will be using this gun for skeet and other clay type target shooting only in the future. Would these Monarch shells be suitable for breaking in the gun? I'm not worried about recoil, as it has never been an issue with me in either 12 or 20 gauge guns. I just want the gun to operate properly with target loads.

Thanks for your input
Joe

Post subject: Re: Monarch shotshells
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:15 pm 
Tournament Grade

Location: Lincoln, Nebraska My hometown, but I'll move later...
Joe,
When I had my first Sa-20 I could not get the Winchester bulk box ammo to work for it initially. I took a bore brush and wrapped it with steel wool and some oil to the chamber. After that the gun shot everything from then on. The second Sa-20 has work for every ammo I have tried. I think the first gun was just not up to standards so that is why the Winchester did not work initially.
The easy thing to do is shoot a round and if no hiccups, ftf or fte, then you should be good to go. Have fun, Tony