It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Silver Reserve 28g
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:01 pm 
Field Grade

Looking at a 28g O/U for pheasant hunting over my Brittany. Anyone here have a Silver Reserve? Trouble with the new models? I need a reliable gun I don't have to worry about scratching up going through the brush.
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Silver Reserve 28g
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:33 am 
Tournament Grade

I have a SR2. No problems so far. There like night and day compared to the SR1 series. I have the SR 2 sporting in 12 ga. Little heavy but it helps in the recoil. I use it for Double trap, Sporting clay's. when i first got it i cleaned the stock and hand rubbed it with birch wood casey gun stock oil. Looks great and puts a durable finish on the stock. the wood and bluing will hold up as good as any of the B gun's witch i have. What's the asking price. ^o^

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:35 pm 
Field Grade

Thanks for the input, I think I'm going to to pick one up. They seem to run about $600

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:23 am 
Tournament Grade

That price is about right. I'v seen them go for more. Good luck.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:18 am 
Limited Edition

When my daughter started shooting trap, we bought her a SR2 as a beginner gun. Thousands of rounds and no firing pin issues that seemed to plague the Silver Reserve. The only downside with it was the recoil, it is a jackhammer.

The founding fathers of America were not career politicians. They were the outlaws; the "angry extremists" who refused to quietly submit to an elite political establishment's oppressive rule over their lives.

NEVER forget that.