It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need help with old Mossberg model183-A
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:26 pm 
Field Grade

I've got an old 183-A which hasn't been cleaned properly in decades. I'm not very familiar with antique guns and since this is a family piece I want to proceed with caution.

My main question is 1) should the bolt assembly need cleaned on something that's been sitting for 30 years? and 2) how to access and clean the magazine well, or if it even need to be cleaned? Visibly, the mag well is dirty but functionally, I'm not sure it needs more than a pass thru with a patch. I keep my guns as clean as possible so my inclination is to strip and fully clean the whole gun.

Does anyone have any recommendations and/or an exploded view of this gun?

Thanks,
Mike

Post subject: Re: Need help with old Mossberg model183-A
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:49 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Location: It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to. (1931)
Link