ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Picked up a New 930 Pro-series Sporting....Quality Issues
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:35 pm 
Utility Grade

I ordered one of these through the Davidson's Network via Gallery of Guns and picked it up today at my LGS. At first inspection I was very pleased and excited to get it home and clean it up for some clay shoots this weekend. Upon further review on my bench I noticed the following issues;

1. The barrel has incomplete bluing where the ribbing and barrel meet right above the forearm. It is also incomplete in some areas on the ribbing itself. It looks like silver/metallic spatters.
2. There is a lot of play in the forearm. It wiggles like its not long enough to seat properly between the barrel nut and the receiver. This is unacceptable for a gun that bills itself as a competition clays gun.
3. The top of the choke tube case was shattered. I know its a minor thing, but when I shell out over $850 for a new gun I expect things not to be broken. I'm guessing this happened at the factory since no obvious shipping damage was evident on the product box.
4. How exactly is one to install the shims it came with? There are not any visible screws on the buttstock pad. Are they expecting owners to cut into the pad to get a screwdriver in there to take the pad off? I hope not.....as an engineer I find that to be lazy design work if that is the case.

Anyone else have quality issue with theirs?

Post subject: Re: Picked up a New 930 Pro-series Sporting....Quality Issue
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:33 pm 
Limited Edition

First thing to do is to call Mossberg's customer service line. They normally have outstanding customer service and you should be pointing your questions to them and let them fix your issues.

Regards,
Joe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:03 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

You need to follow directions on their website. No call or e-mail is necessary at all, and you will have your gun back with the issues resolved faster than you might imagine.
Contacting them will only delay the process. People need to read and follow directions.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:19 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

WI.Wing Shooter.73 wrote:
1. The barrel has incomplete bluing where the ribbing and barrel meet right above the forearm. It is also incomplete in some areas on the ribbing itself. It looks like silver/metallic spatters.
2. There is a lot of play in the forearm. It wiggles like its not long enough to seat properly between the barrel nut and the receiver. This is unacceptable for a gun that bills itself as a competition clays gun.
3. The top of the choke tube case was shattered. I know its a minor thing, but when I shell out over $850 for a new gun I expect things not to be broken. I'm guessing this happened at the factory since no obvious shipping damage was evident on the product box.
4. How exactly is one to install the shims it came with? There are not any visible screws on the buttstock pad. Are they expecting owners to cut into the pad to get a screwdriver in there to take the pad off? I hope not.....as an engineer I find that to be lazy design work if that is the case.

Well, you didn't pay $850 for a choke tube case.

The pad is already cut, like many (most) conventional recoil pads: that's how the pad is screwed on in the first place. See https://www.mossberg.com/wp-content/upl ... Manual.pdf page 26.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:29 pm 
Field Grade

How is the Mossberg 930 Pro Series Sporting holding up?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:56 pm 
Utility Grade

I have had one of these for about 2 years--not my main gun but it is my "guest " gun that gets used regularly by others and I probably put 50-100 rounds thru it myself every month or so. It has been dead reliable-easy and pleasant to shoot and cycles everything through it albeit mostly Walmart Promotional Winchesters and Federals-Herters and some of those Monarchs from Academy Sports. Very pleased with the purchase particularly since I paid a little over $600 from some guy on Gunbroker NIB. Never a single issue with it