It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: *ShotgunWorld Ithaca gathering June 2013*
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:33 am 
Crown Grade

BPskeeter wrote:
So just for my small brain, then, we're talking about the 27th & 28th, right?

Not likely. After all, you are an Ithaca Lover!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:05 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Hey folks, I have more information for you. Here is the email that I received from Mike Farrell at Ithaca as to the dates and activities.

Quote:
Wade,

Here’s a little update.
Working with Comfort Inn on rates – they are at $79/night but will get back to me on Thursday, trying to get a better rate. They have 35 rooms open as of now & if we need more there is another hotel next door. All depends on the initial RSVP’s that you get.
We have Elkhorn lake hunt club booked.
My thought is arrive on the 26th or 27th & do tours all day. We will have some other activities planned for that day also, shooting etc at a facility with a trap range that we have & some fishing with maybe a cook out that evening. It’s close to the hotel (1 mile).
Shoot at Elkhorn on the 27th.

That’s all I have for now.

Mike

The 26th is on a Wednesday, I was told by our good friend 1977crutcher that they don't do tours on Fridays, so that makes sense that we'd do the tour and the shooting on Thursday.

Also, in a subsequent email the room rates were finalized. We'll be able to reserve 35 rooms at the Comfort Inn for $74.95 per night. If we should need more rooms there is another place in town where we can get additional rooms.

So how does this sound: arrive the evening of the 26th and go out for a supper and a time to meet and greet. Then have the big day on Thursday, with a cook out that evening. Then I was thinking that since we'll probably stay Thursday night too, perhaps on Friday morning we could car pool and hit some of the local gun shops/pawn shops.

My wife and 1977crutcher's wife are getting together to plan some things for the ladies and kids. So let me know how this grabs ya and I'll form it up with Ithaca!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:24 pm 
Presentation Grade

Sounds as if things are starting to come together but I am not clear on Mike's email. He said to arrive on 26 or 27 and do tours all day, shooting on 27. Are they doing tours on both days or just the 26th with the 27th dedicated to shooting. Either way is fine but if the factory events are held on the 26th, and 27th is dedicated to shooting at Elkhorn some folks may want to come in on the 25th?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:51 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

That's a good question. I assumed he meant doing it all the 27th, but now that you mention it I'm not sure. Good catch. I'll email him for clarification!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:50 pm 
Limited Edition

Well, I've got vacation scheduled for the 26th, 27th, & 28th.
We'll leave Dayton right after the wife gets off at 3:30, which should put us in Upper Sandusky between 5:30 - 6 in time for dinner.
Question - will we be shooting trap, skeet, or sporting clays, or a combination of the three?
I'm trying to figure how much ammo I need to load up for my Crass's. :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:54 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Here is the word folks. This is the plan straight from Mike Farrell:

Wade,

Tours on the 26th & shot on the 27th.
Elkhorn Lake has sporting clays, 1 trap house & a 5-stand.

We can use all three.

Mike

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:52 am 
Limited Edition

Darn! I was looking forward to the tour :(
No way that we can get there earlier, as the wife has to work.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:11 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

BP, I'm sure something can be worked out. Let me see what I can do.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:58 pm 
Presentation Grade

OK seems as though we are getting some firm details. Here is my understanding of events at this point.
-Most folks will be getting into town on the 25th with a plan to get together at a local to be determined restaurant for an evening meal.
-We will then meet at the factory (if you have safety glasses bring them they will be required during the tour) on Wednesday the 26th for tours various events and possibly a cook out that evening.
-We will meet at Elkhorn Thursday the 27th for various shooting events.
Sounds like a good lay out so far. Here are some of the items that we should probably address.
-Create an official sign up list of persons planning on attending this event so that we can ensure that every one is accommodated and to help with the overall planning of the event.
-Pin point the restaurant that we will be meeting at on the evening of the 25th.
-Find out how we will handle lunch on the 26th and what the cost will be.
-Find out the rates for shooting at Elkhorn on the 27th.
-Plan alternate activities for any family members that are not interested in shooting, or factory tours.
Please add to or correct any of the above so that every one will have a good understanding of the events and will be able to plan and budget in advance. Things are looking good! What other company out there would be willing to go threw an event like this. This speaks volumes about the company that I hope we all are willing to support.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:19 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

You are correct sir. I think now would be a great time to start out tentative sign up list. That way we can see how many rooms well need to set aside.

As to the rates, Mr. Farrell is working that out with the owner of Elkhorn. I'll pass that on to you as soon as I get it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:39 pm 
Tournament Grade

so this is going to be a Wednesday / Thursday event . I know there was some discussion about Wednesday /Thursday .. or Thursday / Friday .

Also something to think about . How many guns are you guys thinking on bringing ?
Just a couple to shoot , or several and have some kind of time and place for show and tell

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:48 am 
Limited Edition

Yeah, the date change has really messed me up.
We will get there in the evening on the 26th, probably around dinner time. At least we will get to shoot with you folks.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:15 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Why don't we just have our big meet and greet dinner on the evening of the 26th?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:34 pm 
Presentation Grade

The e-mail from Ithaca said 26 &27 so that would be a Wednesday / Thursday event. Last I knew the factory folks worked four ten hour shifts Monday threw Thursday and that may be why they chose those dates.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:39 pm 
Crown Grade

I thought this was going to be a Thurs/Fri thing, not a Wed/Thurs thing?

I won't be able to be on any list untill after the first of the year....sorry. Need to find out what my schedule will be for 2013.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:39 pm 
Field Grade

I would like to come with my family 5 of us havent had a vacation in 5 years!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:54 pm 
Presentation Grade

Do you have a phone # so I can book a room?
T.W.K.

Post subject: Re: *ShotgunWorld Ithaca gathering June 26th & 27th 2013*
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:52 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posted the official dates and an RSVP link on the first post. Also, added a post on the Official Ithaca Forum.
Jay Gentry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:45 pm 
Utility Grade

Man, I'd love to attend that gathering! Sure wish I was within driving distance.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:59 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Gentlemen, I apologize for my absence over the last few weeks. It seems life has thrown all its curve balls at us the past few weeks, and I've been neglectful.

I've nothing new to report, but I'll send an email to Ithaca tomorrow confirming everything and see if there's any new information to be had.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next