Shotgun Forum banner

Montgomery Wards / Westernfield/ Hawthorne

72K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  blackbobby406 
#1 ·
Westernfield / Montgomery Wards

Westernfield 30

Q It is a Western Field/Montgomery Ward model 30 pump shotgun in 20 gauge. It has the serial number 3731 behind the trigger guard and says Browning Patent/20ga Proof Tested on the left hand side of the barrel.

A From the Numrich Arms cross reference guide , the Western Field 30 is the same as a Savage 520

Model 10-SB94-TB

Q Received a single shot 12 gauge from my elder mother.
Left side of receiver says: WARD'S WESTERN FIELD
Model 10-SB94-TB
Right side of receiver says: MODEL 94C
Left side barrel says: PROOF TESTED 12 GAUGE
- 2 3/4 CHAMBER -
Right side barrel says: SELECTED FORGED STEEL
My question is: When was it made? Is this Montgomery Ward's? and what is it worth (approx)?

A Your Western Field is actually a Stevens Model 94. Below is the approximate value from the Blue Book for Values:
MODEL 94
- 12, 16, 20, 28 ga., or .410 bore, single shot breakopen, hammer, 6¼ lbs. Mfg. 1929-disc.
100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%
$95 $85 $75 $60 $50 $45 $40
The Western Field/Stevens were utility shotguns and don't have much collector value. The good news is that their are a lot of old Stevens out there that are still shooters. If you haven't shot the gun recently then I would recommend that you have it checked out by a gunsmith first.

Heritage

Q Can you tell how to find out information on a (Montgomery) Ward's Heritage Model 10 Single shot 410 ga.
I would like to know when it was made and the approximate value.

A I think it's the Steven's Model 94.
"12, 16, 20, 28 ga., or .410 bore, single shot breakopen, open hammer, 6¼ lbs. Mfg. 1929-disc." Does this description match yours?
100% = $95
90% = $60
80% = $50
Steven's also made a Model 9478..
"10, 12, 20 ga., or .410 bore, single shot break open, inertia firing pin, external hammer. Mfg. 1978-1985."
The values are the same as above.

Viking 458

Q I am looking for any and all information to include where to buy spare parts for a Hawthorne Viking Model 458, 12 gauge shotgun. it was originally bought at Montgomery Wards, It says Hawthorn Viking Model 458. The serial number is 13033. I also know that Montgomery Wards sold under the name of Western Field, but I cannot seem to cross-reference the two names together. It does not have "Western Field" stamped anywhere on it.
[/b] A [/b]www.tlcountry.com/photo.asp?ID=131
I found this picture so far and I've also found references to Hawthorne Viking 485's with a gold reciever and "made in France" stamped on it.
Does yours have the France reference? Where is the safety located exactly

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.