It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Super X1 trigger guard pin falls out
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:35 pm 
Tournament Grade

Well after being a big model 50 and 59 fan forever I finally branched out and got a super X1. I immediately checked the bolt buffer it was recently installed. It cycles great. I finally see why everyone is such big fans. Great shotgun. But my trigger guard retaining pin keeps falling out. No resistance at all. I looked over schematics and I think I'm missing the pin bushing and retaining spring. But can't tell how they are installed from the small schematics. Could anyone help me with some pics or tell me if I'm on the wrong path here.
The gun is an early model I believe as it has a screw in the end of the rib and has a groves trigger with adjustment screw. Also no roll engraving on the receiver. It is a modified vent rib barrel with patterns so great. Also I'm looking at a full choke trap barrel so I could use it for a spare trap gun when my model 12 trap is down for whatever reason. Can someone tell me the difference between the sx1 trap choke vent rib barrel and the full choke vent rib field barrel? Tighter than field full maybe ? Wider rib?

Post subject: Re: Super X1 trigger guard pin falls out
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:05 pm 
Tournament Grade

When you look at the trigger does the bushing go all the way across the guard. If not the bushing is missing. The pin retainer spring goes on the left side of the bushing up against the guard. If you need parts go to Nu-line and see if they have the parts.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:19 pm 
Tournament Grade

By the way, you have a field gun. slick receiver, no recoil pad, probably a 28 in mod. They changed the triggers and barrel screw some time after 50,000.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:03 pm 
Tournament Grade

Yes it's a field model but it also came with a extra set of MC trap wood so I was thinking I'd use it for a backup gun sometimes if I get a full trap barrel. That's why I was asking about the difference between the full field barrel and a full trap barrel. There is no bushing or spring in my trigger guard for the roll pin that holds it in. I'll order and install them is there any difference in the bushing for early and later riggers? Thanks for your help .

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:06 pm 
Tournament Grade

The difference is trap barrels have a Brady front bead and the field barrel has a metal front bead. As to the chokes hard to say mine all break targets great the competition chokes or field chokes it does not matter. I have 14 sx-1's. If they made a 3 in it would be my duck and goose gun. The trap barrel is finished better then the field barrel. Nu-line has the parts you need. you need the 1/4 in bushing first stage and the spring.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:24 pm 
Field Grade

clayinstructor wrote:
The difference is trap barrels have a Brady front bead and the field barrel has a metal front bead. As to the chokes hard to say mine all break targets great the competition chokes or field chokes it does not matter. I have 14 sx-1's. If they made a 3 in it would be my duck and goose gun. The trap barrel is finished better then the field barrel. Nu-line has the parts you need. you need the 1/4 in bushing first stage and the spring.

Harv,

Does Nu-Line still offer the 3" conversion for the SX-1? Jerry mentions it in the VHS/CD and it was featured in the brochures from years past.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:12 am 
Tournament Grade

I have the trigger guard pin bushing and spring. I see the bushing obviously goes In on the left side of the guard. Does the spring ends get inserted in the slot in the bushing? I can't find a breakdown of the guard assembly just a parts schematic.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:07 pm 
Tournament Grade

When you look at the spring 1 side is flat and the other is rounded. the flat side lays in the slot. The spring holds the bushing in and the pin in. Do not put the end of the spring in the slot let it extend past the slot. I would not mod one to shoot 3 in, you are just asking for trouble when you do.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:07 pm 
Tournament Grade

Ok spring shot off and is gone forever ordering another. So make sure I am doing this correctly the bushing goes in the left side of the guard and the spring Snaps around the bushing with the straight side in the slot in the bushing correct ?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:53 pm 
Tournament Grade

LOL yes the spring locks the bushing in and also holds the pin in. Make sure that the end of the flat side does not go into the bushing, the flat side just lays in the slot. Make sure the slot is on the left against the guard.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:00 pm 
Tournament Grade

Willie Did you get the trigger fixed.