It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Need A Replacement Stock for 16 Ga. Model 12
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:37 am 
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:01 am
Posts: 301
Location: SW 0hio
It looks like I will be replacing the stock on my '29 Model 12 - 16 gauge. It is beyond repair at this point. I was hoping High Plains was still making them but the owner hasn't responded my inquiries, nor honored my online order. The English version they made would have been perfect.

I am just looking for a plain stock, or a source--does not have to be fancy, and a straight, or English stock is preferred.

Thanks in advance...




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need A Replacement Stock for 16 Ga. Model 12
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:54 pm 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:34 am
Posts: 100
Location: 121Wx47N
Your least expensive option would be to post a add in the want to buy here, gun shows or e-bay. Wenig's still makes stocks, I believe or you can go the custom route. Model 12's in 16, 20 & 28ga. all fit. Good Luck, Notime2


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need A Replacement Stock for 16 Ga. Model 12
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:18 pm 
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:01 am
Posts: 301
Location: SW 0hio
There's a similar ad that's been in the classifieds, looks like not one reply..

Wenigs it is, thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need A Replacement Stock for 16 Ga. Model 12
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:49 pm 
Limited Edition

Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:23 am
Posts: 348
I have a classified ad in classifieds also and with zero replies. Although mine are for two twenty gauge stocks and one is a skeet. Don't know why!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need A Replacement Stock for 16 Ga. Model 12
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:13 pm 
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:01 am
Posts: 301
Location: SW 0hio
Old 12, could you post the link to your ad? I saw the one looking for a stock, as I am.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need A Replacement Stock for 16 Ga. Model 12
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:16 am 
Presentation Grade

Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:35 am
Posts: 837
Location: California
Here is another source for model 12 stocks. http://www.highplainsgunstocks.com/winc ... tocks.html

Bobcat


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need A Replacement Stock for 16 Ga. Model 12
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:59 pm 
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:01 am
Posts: 301
Location: SW 0hio
Bobcat Welding wrote:
Here is another source for model 12 stocks. http://www.highplainsgunstocks.com/winc ... tocks.html

Bobcat


False. Read the original post.

They are not answering calls/ emails. I even placed an "order" on their site got no response.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need A Replacement Stock for 16 Ga. Model 12
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:59 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:54 pm
Posts: 8157
Location: Kansas
You might give Donnie Gemes a call in Warsaw, MO at ‭(660) 438-4568‬. He is a master stock maker and has upgraded the stocks on countless Model 12s. He just might have a nice used one laying around.

_________________
"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need A Replacement Stock for 16 Ga. Model 12
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:49 pm 
Utility Grade

Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 19
+1 for Donnie. Had him make a stock for a early model 16 gauge with the perch belly stock.
Stock turned out beautiful and just like factory dimensions. Very nice quality and reasonably priced. Butch


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need A Replacement Stock for 16 Ga. Model 12
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:33 pm 
Diamond Grade
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 5:55 pm
Posts: 1809
Location: Indiana
Check ebay, Wrights, Simmons. There has to be a take off stock out there somewhere.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need A Replacement Stock for 16 Ga. Model 12
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:00 am 
Limited Edition

Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:23 am
Posts: 348
Alembic: Sorry for the delay in answering your question, was out of town.

The forum is on this site at "Classifieds" - "Pump Shotguns" - Original Post 3/13/18 10:44 AM.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need A Replacement Stock for 16 Ga. Model 12
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:27 pm 
Field Grade

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:31 am
Posts: 87
Bobcat Welding wrote:
Here is another source for model 12 stocks. http://www.highplainsgunstocks.com/winc ... tocks.html

Bobcat


Maybe they are out of business - or not. But (I don't think) the stocks shown on their web site are reproductions of a 1929 M12 stocks. I believe the 1929 models were either perch belly or straight. I don't think pistol grips would be authentic to the year.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need A Replacement Stock for 16 Ga. Model 12
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:08 pm 
Presentation Grade

Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:35 am
Posts: 837
Location: California
The High Plains guy is selling on e bay now,here is a listing for model 12 stocks available in all gauges. https://www.ebay.com/itm/302637009490?_ ... noapp=true

Bobcat


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need A Replacement Stock for 16 Ga. Model 12
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:32 pm 
Presentation Grade

Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:26 am
Posts: 863
Location: SE TX
Alembic wrote:
It looks like I will be replacing the stock on my '29 Model 12 - 16 gauge. It is beyond repair at this point. I was hoping High Plains was still making them but the owner hasn't responded my inquiries, nor honored my online order. The English version they made would have been perfect.

I am just looking for a plain stock, or a source--does not have to be fancy, and a straight, or English stock is preferred.

Thanks in advance...

I just got off the phone with High Plains Stocks and talked to Jake.
They are definitely NOT out of business and are selling Model 12 stocks.

I know from past experience that he is hard to contact. Probably the best time is around noon Central time.

_________________
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.― Mark Twain


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need A Replacement Stock for 16 Ga. Model 12
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:46 pm 
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:01 am
Posts: 301
Location: SW 0hio
Law57 wrote:
Bobcat Welding wrote:
Here is another source for model 12 stocks. http://www.highplainsgunstocks.com/winc ... tocks.html

Bobcat


Maybe they are out of business - or not. But (I don't think) the stocks shown on their web site are reproductions of a 1929 M12 stocks. I believe the 1929 models were either perch belly or straight. I don't think pistol grips would be authentic to the year.


The original was a perch belly with a toe angle that made it fly off my shoulder :0


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need A Replacement Stock for 16 Ga. Model 12
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:47 pm 
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:01 am
Posts: 301
Location: SW 0hio
old 12 wrote:
Alembic: Sorry for the delay in answering your question, was out of town.

The forum is on this site at "Classifieds" - "Pump Shotguns" - Original Post 3/13/18 10:44 AM.


No problem, I figured it was..

Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need A Replacement Stock for 16 Ga. Model 12
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:48 pm 
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:01 am
Posts: 301
Location: SW 0hio
Bobcat Welding wrote:
The High Plains guy is selling on e bay now,here is a listing for model 12 stocks available in all gauges. https://www.ebay.com/itm/302637009490?_ ... noapp=true

Bobcat


Thank you I'll check that out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need A Replacement Stock for 16 Ga. Model 12
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:50 pm 
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:01 am
Posts: 301
Location: SW 0hio
BGK wrote:
Alembic wrote:
It looks like I will be replacing the stock on my '29 Model 12 - 16 gauge. It is beyond repair at this point. I was hoping High Plains was still making them but the owner hasn't responded my inquiries, nor honored my online order. The English version they made would have been perfect.

I am just looking for a plain stock, or a source--does not have to be fancy, and a straight, or English stock is preferred.

Thanks in advance...

I just got off the phone with High Plains Stocks and talked to Jake.
They are definitely NOT out of business and are selling Model 12 stocks.

I know from past experience that he is hard to contact. Probably the best time is around noon Central time.


I also submitted the online order form also and never heard back so guess he didn't get it or want to fulfill it..?

But good to hear.. thank you.


Last edited by Alembic on Thu May 03, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need A Replacement Stock for 16 Ga. Model 12
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:53 pm 
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:01 am
Posts: 301
Location: SW 0hio
Casonet, butch, and winmod, thank you for the suggestions and the contacts..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need A Replacement Stock for 16 Ga. Model 12
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:54 pm 
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:01 am
Posts: 301
Location: SW 0hio
Casonet, butch, and winmod, thank you for the suggestions and the contacts..




Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], bobfar, cookoff013, DblXX, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Jet Setter, simsy9, skeetsit, SuperXOne


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
© 2017 Carbon Media Group Outdoors    - DMCA Notice