It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Benelli 828u
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:36 pm 
Utility Grade

Got it last week and took it out for doves today and on my third time loading it and pulling the trigger on second shot my trigger assembly popped out. Took it back to truck disassembled it but it back together and again trigger popped out. Friends laughed at me I was mad and embarrassed screwed my whole weekend. Called gun store where I purchased it told me they never heard that before to bring it in Tuesday so they can ship it to Benelli.
Now I don't want it but have a feeling I'm stuck with it. Might call American Express and see what they can do maybe reverse charge with a defective purchased item. Have a picture from the field but don't know how to post it on here. Wish Benelli reimbursed me for my destroyed trip.

Post subject: New Benelli 828U surprise
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:39 am 
Utility Grade

Check out my twitter picture tell me what you think. Bought gun last week first time shooting opener for doves.
https://twitter.com/Ksigp232/status/904192438767566849

Last edited by Curly N on Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Added image into message

Post subject: Re: New Benelli 828U surprise
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:20 am 
Limited Edition

Gosh it's a hideous gun isn't it? My local gun store has two and hasn't managed to sell either in about eighteen months.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:11 am 
Limited Edition

So....what happened?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:17 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=462230&p=3798308#p3798308

828U wrote:
Bought my 828 end of August took it for dove opener 4th shot trigger assembly fell out. Try to put it back in wouldn’t stay in. Took out my m1 and continued my hunt. Went back home send it to Benelli very unhappy they said gun will be back to me in 2 weeks. Took the gun for test firing after recieving it empty shells wouldn’t eject after shooting. But at least trigger didn’t come out. Send it back and they said they changed ejector assembly. Timing was off blah blah blah. Received it again and I put it away in safe without shooting it till my kids grow up and one of them will have a brand new O/U in 20 years.
Very disappointed expensive lesson for me.
Oh my picture of trigger assembly out is on here somewhere and on Benelli Twitter. They deserve for the public to see what they have to sale to the public. Still no word from them after 2 months on twitter thought maybe somebody higher up would reach out and make me a offer for an exchange but I’ve got over 400 likes ;)

http://randywakeman.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:53 am 
Crown Grade

Benelli should have stuck to their proven SAs!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:37 pm 
Limited Edition

RandyWakeman wrote:
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=462230&p=3798308#p3798308

828U wrote:
<SNIP> Received it again and I put it away in safe without shooting it till my kids grow up and one of them will have a brand new O/U in 20 years.
Very disappointed expensive lesson for me. <SNIP>

No offense but 828U seems like he'd rather not test the factory remedy (seriously?) IOW, feel sorry for himself.

It would be a waste of $2K+ gun if it is fixed. Worst case scenario, sell it for $1600.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:01 pm 
Utility Grade

So after thinking I took it out again and result is Gun is garbage. Send it in twice last time for one lower shell wouldn’t eject again. They changed some kind of springs and something else they told me I didn’t pay attention. Send it back to me end of Christmas took it to desert for some shooting and using Winchester AA handicapped shells gun opened and ejected beautiful. Was so excited wanted to run home and throw wife on bed. BUT...Loaded some federal dove and target shells and problem started again some shells wouldn’t extract by themselves had to use fingers to pull out. And barrels were hard to open. Tried Winchester again no problem worked great. Called benellli told them again problem. These guys told me since Winchester AA handicapped use smooth shells gun operates as it should using any shells that are ribbed will create a problem for any O/U. So there suggestions was to stay with Winchester AA. LOL told them I live in CA can’t use lead for game. Told me AA started selling steel shot to look into it. After that phone call decided to myself no more buying shotguns for me for the rest of my life. Went to my local Turners where I bought gun guy behind counter told me in 6 months they only sold 1 828 and that was to me. So yes it’s a garbage gun. There is no way I can trust this gun out in the field and no I won’t sell it so somebody can have problems with it and call me a a**hole. so it’s a bad marriage with no divorce.
But it’s ok life continues and it’s a beautiful life and looking forward to 2018 hunting season with my M1 and Vinci.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:19 am 
Crown Grade

828U wrote:
So after thinking I took it out again and result is Gun is garbage. Send it in twice last time for one lower shell wouldn’t eject again. They changed some kind of springs and something else they told me I didn’t pay attention. Send it back to me end of Christmas took it to desert for some shooting and using Winchester AA handicapped shells gun opened and ejected beautiful. Was so excited wanted to run home and throw wife on bed. BUT...Loaded some federal dove and target shells and problem started again some shells wouldn’t extract by themselves had to use fingers to pull out. And barrels were hard to open. Tried Winchester again no problem worked great. Called benellli told them again problem. These guys told me since Winchester AA handicapped use smooth shells gun operates as it should using any shells that are ribbed will create a problem for any O/U. So there suggestions was to stay with Winchester AA. LOL told them I live in CA can’t use lead for game. Told me AA started selling steel shot to look into it. After that phone call decided to myself no more buying shotguns for me for the rest of my life. Went to my local Turners where I bought gun guy behind counter told me in 6 months they only sold 1 828 and that was to me. So yes it’s a garbage gun. There is no way I can trust this gun out in the field and no I won’t sell it so somebody can have problems with it and call me a a**hole. so it’s a bad marriage with no divorce.
But it’s ok life continues and it’s a beautiful life and looking forward to 2018 hunting season with my M1 and Vinci.

Trade it in. No need to be stuck with a POS gun the rest of your life!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:43 pm 
Limited Edition

Wait, Benelli told you what they did, but you say you didn't pay attention--among some other interesting things. I'd be taking some notes, believe that.