It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Having trouble getting barrel back into my m2
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:33 am 
Field Grade

I have a 20 gauge m2 that I cleaned and now I am having trouble getting the barrel to go all the way into the reciever.

I put the trigger group and bolt in 1st and locked the bolt back. I make sure the part of the bolt that goes into the recoil tube is over the hammer. I then install the barrel like you normally would.

The barrel goes in about 3/4 and then it is binding up. The little nipple on the top of the barrel extension is getting caught up in the groove for it in the top of the receiver. The grove does not show any signs of being deformed.

The bolt is also getting bound against the barrel extension. So the barrel is 3/4 the way in and bolt won't move and barrel won't go further back.

I tried installing the barrel with the bolt and trigger assymbly out of the receiver and I am still having the same issue.

For what it is worth I have owned several benelli guns over the past 20 years and I have never had any issue getting them back together. This is my 1st m2.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated. It has always taken a little force to get back together but it has never acted like this.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Having trouble getting barrel back into my m2
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:50 am 
Field Grade

Will the gun go together if you leave the forend off the barrel?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:56 pm 
Limited Edition

Try installing the barrel with the bolt 1/2 way back.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:09 pm 
Field Grade

Have you tried seating the barrel ring into the forearm piece before sliding the two as a unit down the magazine tube and into the receiver?