It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Super sport ll test (professional)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:49 am 
Utility Grade

For those of you looking for a professional test of the Super Sport II go to OutdoorLife.com Look in product testing archives. You will see where Jim Carmichael, shooting ediitor, put 3,000 rounds through the gun in 3 days. He said his arms were tired but his shoulder could have gone on forever. He states it is the softest shooting 12 gauge he ever shot, and ended with he liked the gun so much he bought it. My wife shoots skeet with mine and says "what recoil?"

Post subject: Re: Super sport ll test (professional)
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 7:07 pm 
Tournament Grade

banjopicker wrote:
For those of you looking for a professional test of the Super Sport II go to OutdoorLife.com Look in product testing archives. You will see where Jim Carmichael, shooting ediitor, put 3,000 rounds through the gun in 3 days. He said his arms were tired but his shoulder could have gone on forever. He states it is the softest shooting 12 gauge he ever shot, and ended with he liked the gun so much he bought it. My wife shoots skeet with mine and says "what recoil?"

That's what i'm saying right on banjopicker good stuff. :P

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 1:33 pm 
Limited Edition

Linky for the lazy :)

http://www.outdoorlife.com/outdoor/shoo ... 77,00.html

Also a small writeup on the M2...

http://www.outdoorlife.com/outdoor/gear ... 18,00.html

And the SBEII...

http://www.outdoorlife.com/outdoor/gear ... 19,00.html

--Robert A. Heinlein--

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:05 pm 
Limited Edition

not to get too picky, but it should be noted the picture used in the outdoor life article is a Sport II and the article is about the Super sport which has the comfortech stock. It's still a great write up!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:32 am 
Utility Grade

Actually Finndog, the picture is not a sport II but is in fact that of a supersport. People do get confused with them. The sport II has a wood stock with no comfortech and the supersport (the one on the picture) is synthetic and does have the comfortech. If you look closely at the stock, it has the "recoil absorbing chevrons" as they like to call them, and also the gel pad which the sport II does not have. As you said yourself, I dont want to be picky either, but I dont want nobody getting more confused than they need to. And just like the article states, it does shoot very well with very little recoil. It has been the only gun I have been shooting in the last couple of months and I like more and more. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:49 pm 
Limited Edition

Hmm we must be looking at different articles with different pictures then. Since I own a Sport II which has a wood stock and does not have a comfortech stock and since the picture is of a wood stocked gun, we must be looking at different pictures. glad you agree.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:09 pm 
Limited Edition

http://www.outdoorlife.com/outdoor/shoo ... 77,00.html

This is the pic from the article that I see:

--Robert A. Heinlein--

Last edited by kingalw on Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:35 pm 
Utility Grade

That would be the one. Thanks kingalw.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:28 pm 
Tournament Grade

Pretty disappointing article - professional or not - on the SuperSport. All we learn (besides Benelli's published specs) is that he liked the gun, and that the trigger was apparently too stiff at 5 pounds, 12 ounces. Period. That's it!

I can think of a couple dozen things I would like to see in an article endorsing a particular shotgun model. Heck, you can go to the Benelli USA web site and read the song-and-dance about their wonderful ComfortTech (tm) system.

Here are my personal comments from firing over 3000 rounds through my own Sport II, (although not in one afternoon).
Like the gun, shoots great, fits great (considering it is a one-size-fits-all type of gun). Using 2-3/4 inch shells with 1-1/8 ounces of 7-1/2 shot, it is pleasant to shoot and I don't come home with a dislocated shoulder. The gun does not chamber 2-3/4" rounds reliably when they are dropped into the ejection port. In my book, that's a problem on a gun designed for trap and clays shooting. And, if it weren't for the *&%$#!@! port holes in the barrel, it would be the easiest gun in the world to keep clean and maintain. Finally, the Benelli inertial bolt mechanism has got to be one of the slickest, most reliable systems ever invented.

There's my article.
-Lazarus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:20 pm 
Limited Edition

And its info like that from real users of the products that make this website what it is :)

--Robert A. Heinlein--

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:55 am 
Presentation Grade

Lazarus wrote:
he gun does not chamber 2-3/4" rounds reliably when they are dropped into the ejection port.
There's my article.
-Lazarus

I'm pretty sure I read the fix to that problem was to slam the bolt shut after you drop the shell in

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:13 pm 
Limited Edition

Other than a few issues within the first 100 rds, I have never had problem with chambering rounds. Great gun. My neighbor who is a FBI Agent and former SWAT team member loves it.

FWIW- My screen resolution sucks, I couldn't see the Comfortek ribs on the stock. Thanks for the enlarged view.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:19 am 
Tournament Grade

I bought one a few months ago and love the gun. The carbon fiber stock and forend look great with the siver receiver contrast. This is the fastest cycling gun I've ever handled. I have shot about 3,000 rounds through it and had only cleaned the barrel up until this past weekend when I broke it down for a thorough cleaning. This gun was exceptionally clean inside unlike the gas guns I've always had in the past. I have used it just for skeet so far and that will be it's primary use. I like it so much I just ordered a new SBEII for most of my upland and waterfowl hunting. Iwould recomend the Supersport and Benelli in general to anyone.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:03 pm 
Limited Edition

I own a Sport II, for some reason I don't see many out there. I also have two O/u's. I really enjoy shooting the SII, it fits me so perfectly. It does kick a bit compared to my o/u but not enough to make an issue of it. Great looking and I just like "wood" on my guns.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:31 pm 
Utility Grade

I also own a sport II and must say the recoil is non existent. Although when shooting some of the higher velocity shells (1300) there still a nice little lick that comes with the recoil. Besides those though, the gun is the best on the market.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 3:38 pm 
Presentation Grade

I have a Super Sport - and I like it a lot. No problem feeding 2 3/4" shells by dropping them in the ejection port.

The gun easily cycles 7/8 oz loads at 1200 fps - and heavier ones of course.

I like the looks of it and the comfort tech system. I think it shoots softer than the gas guns and it is a pleasure to clean vs the gas guns. I'd recommend it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:52 am 
Field Grade

My Super Sport doesn't have any problem feeding 2-3/4 shells dropped into the ejection port either. It's relatively new (about two months old) and I haven't shot it much yet (about 300 rounds so far), mostly the Winchester promotional stuff from Wal-Mart. It's the only ammunition I've found that jams a Remington 870 but the Super Sport likes it.

Post subject: re: Super sport ll test (professional)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:38 am 
Crown Grade

I'm considering one and would like to know what they are going for. A shop in Anchorage has one for a little over $1500. Seems like on the internet seen some for $1300. Any input appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:50 pm 
Crown Grade

$1450. is what I paid.

I have been an Over Under shooter.
This is my first semi auto.

I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:58 am 
Presentation Grade

You can find them for $1300 but it is the one with a wooden stock and forend. I just got my SS w/ comfortech. I paid $1480 for it. Man I love that gun. Load and role! Easy on the shoulder and I don't use a vest.

I LOVE this gun! BOOM!!!!

As I shoot it more I will let you all know what I find out.

CR