It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: re: Super sport ll test (professional)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:06 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

To the guys talking about the Comfortech stock:

Yeah, it is good but it could have been so much better! I have a hard time beliveing that their engineers did what they did!

They ran the row of cheverons at the wrong angle! The comb recoils into the face, with the gun! If they had ran the chevrons from just in front of the comb, back and downwards to just in front of the toe of the butt pad, it would have been much better.

Grey Coil maybe, CounterCoil and others have used such a design, but with springs or pneumatics, to soften recoil on trap guns for years! The butt plate and the comb are together and the rest of the gun is allowed to move without them. In the Benelli design, only the butt plate is allowed to stand still, the comb moves backwards and upwards with the rest of the gun.

Oh well, it is better than nothing!

Clyde

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:42 pm 
Field Grade

Another Sport II owner shoots great and eats everything!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:12 pm 
Utility Grade

Just bought my SuperSport in synthetic and Comfortech. New to the entire sport so I figure I might as well consider this purchase an investment. I was impressed with the way the SS is built and it's appearance - solid!

I intend on learning the art of skeet shooting and the odd turkey hunt. Spent a good 1/2 day taking the SS apart - very impressed with the simplicity and ease of teardown and setup. My wife was getting annoyed as I was cycling dummy loads in the house for an hour. Only thing left to do is learn how to position the butt to the shoulder and learn good positional techniques.

Stephen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:20 pm 

Nice review, thanks for the links.

Amassing a stockpile of shotshells

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:18 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I picked up a SuperSport (the one with the synthetic stock and comfort tech system) in N.W. Indiana for $1,399, plus tax.

Post subject: Re: re: Super sport ll test (professional)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:24 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

jugchoke wrote:
To the guys talking about the Comfortech stock:

Yeah, it is good but it could have been so much better! I have a hard time beliveing that their engineers did what they did!

They ran the row of cheverons at the wrong angle! The comb recoils into the face, with the gun! If they had ran the chevrons from just in front of the comb, back and downwards to just in front of the toe of the butt pad, it would have been much better.

Grey Coil maybe, CounterCoil and others have used such a design, but with springs or pneumatics, to soften recoil on trap guns for years! The butt plate and the comb are together and the rest of the gun is allowed to move without them. In the Benelli design, only the butt plate is allowed to stand still, the comb moves backwards and upwards with the rest of the gun.

Oh well, it is better than nothing!

Clyde

You may be 100 percent right, but I found the SuperSport be a very, very comfortable gun shooting 2 3/4", 1 1/8 oz. target loads at up to 1,300 FPS. Shot six boxes on Sunday, played some ball on Monday. Shoulder and arm feel fine. I can't say anything other than the setup works dandy for me.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:25 am 
Utility Grade

MGF wrote:
I picked up a SuperSport (the one with the synthetic stock and comfort tech system) in N.W. Indiana for $1,399, plus tax.

Where about's in Indiana....all the retailers are asking 1650 round here in Illinois and I need to visit a friend in Hebron anyway.

Can you say Road-trip :lol:

Regards,

Jeff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:40 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Jeff,

I got mine at Blythe's Sport Shop in Griffith, Ind. They also have a store in Valparaiso, but I've never been to that one. Mine was on sale when I bought it, but I'd guess if you offered them $1,400 plus tax, they'd make the sale. You do have to wait a day to pick it up ... with Illinois customers, they follow Illinois law. I usually deal with Ed Hill (manager) or Roger Blythe (owner) when I buy a gun there. Good guys. If you want to eyeball a hellacious stock of autoloaders of all makes, that's the place. Make sure you check out both rooms.

Was over at the Griffith shop the other day and noticed they had a Cordoba sticker-priced at $1,500 or $1,550 (same gun, but in all black). They also had some flats of 12 gauge Gun Clubs in 7.5 at $47 and some Browning jackets and sweatshirts and whatnot at 1/2-off. Picked up a flat of the Gun Clubs and a very cool-looking microfiber faux suede jacket in a sort of fawn tan for $50. Now if it would only cool down a bit. :)

Good shooting,
Mark

Post subject: Re: Super sport ll test (professional)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:52 am 
Tournament Grade

kingalw wrote:
http://www.outdoorlife.com/outdoor/shooting/article/0,19912,1020377,00.html

This is the pic from the article that I see:

This whole thread is confusing...especially when the topic is wrong...there is no such thing as a Super Sport II...

It is either a Super Sport with the comfort tech stock or it's a Sport II with wood and NO comfortech.

The one in that picture is a comfortech stock(Super Sport) as you can see the chevrons in the butt stock!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:10 pm 
Field Grade

Im looking to sell my Sport 2. I got pictures on Gun Broker and Auction arms... heres one link...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=80205322

Let me know if anyone here is interested.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:40 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Will be running my own non-professional test on a Sport II. Liked my SS in 12 so much, I picked up a Sport II in 20. Livin' large and having fun. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:44 am 
Utility Grade

I WANT TO BUY A SUPER SPORT. I HAVE BEEN SHOOTING SKEET AT LOMA ALTA IN BROWNSVILLE TEXAS, WHAT A PLACE! I NEVER WANTED TO SPEND TOO MUCH ON A WHITEWING HUNTING SHOTGUN, SO I BOUGHT A SEMI-AUTO BAIKAL. IT PERFORMS SUPER AND WORKS JUST AS WELL IN SKEET. I WANT THE SUPER SPORT FOR SKEET AND WHITE WING. EVERYONE AT LOMA ALTA USES BERETTA O/U. I SAW THE SUPER SPORT AND I JUST NEED TO HAVE IT. I AM KINDA NEW TO THE SPORT BUT HAVE REALLY COME TO LIKE IT, ALOT! SO IF THERE IS A SUPER SPORT FOR SALE OR YOU CAN RECOMEND A PLACE WHERE I CAN GET A GOOD DEAL, I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:47 am 
Utility Grade

people i dont now what to buy im confused between super soprt 2 or the cordoba ? what do u suggest ???

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:49 pm 
Presentation Grade

ClayMasterNick wrote:
I also own a sport II and must say the recoil is non existent. Although when shooting some of the higher velocity shells (1300) there still a nice little lick that comes with the recoil. Besides those though, the gun is the best on the market.

I'm becoming more recoil sensitive as time goes by, so I'm looking for a high-quality auto loader in 12 ga. for trap, Skeet, and sporting clays. A couple of years ago, I shot a round of Skeet with a Benelli Legacy that beat the stuffing out of me. Half way through the round, I could hardly hit anything. What makes the Sport II a softer-shooting shotgun? Thanks!

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:01 pm 
Crown Grade

abdulla wrote:
people i dont now what to buy im confused between super soprt 2 or the cordoba ? what do u suggest ???

Sport II = Wood
Cordoba = Dark charcoal speckled rubber grip stock
Supersport = Black, semi glossy, carbon-fiber "look"

Same gun.

Roger.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:20 pm 
Limited Edition

Hello I'm new here. I'm haveing some trouble deciding between a used Benelli (any semi auto except M2/M1/Ultra light) and a Browning Maxus for skeet competitions. I held a used Super sport II today that was 1100$ (same as a new Maxus) in like new condition. I tried to dry fire it, but I only succeeded on the 3rd try. The trigger must have been 30lbs with no overtravel. Is this maybe fixable? Would Benelli fix it or is it easy enough for me to do? I like the feel of the super sport II better than the Maxus, but the Maxus trigger and gas system is top notch.

.45ACP is......(mind wandering)

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:43 pm 
Presentation Grade

Rugerismisticness wrote:
Hello I'm new here. I'm haveing some trouble deciding between a used Benelli (any semi auto except M2/M1/Ultra light) and a Browning Maxus for skeet competitions. I held a used Super sport II today that was 1100$ (same as a new Maxus) in like new condition. I tried to dry fire it, but I only succeeded on the 3rd try. The trigger must have been 30lbs with no overtravel. Is this maybe fixable? Would Benelli fix it or is it easy enough for me to do? I like the feel of the super sport II better than the Maxus, but the Maxus trigger and gas system is top notch.

The Benelli you're looking at sounds like trouble. I recommend taking a look at a Beretta 391 Urika 2 Sporting. That's a great Skeet gun as well as a good all-around shotgun.

Tom

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:12 am 
Limited Edition

Thanks, but the Eurika II doesn't quite fit me and the Maxus certainly holds a sharper edge over it. The Supersport just fit so well and is really well made. I also have a Benelli nova that I'm currently using for the skeet competitions, I figure a semi makes life easier. :P

Hows the recoil on the Supersport in comparison to other inertia guns and gas guns? I'm finding the general concensus is Inertia guns have alot of recoil, is this accurate?

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:26 am 
Diamond Grade

Rugerismisticness wrote:
...Hows the recoil on the Supersport in comparison to other inertia guns and gas guns? I'm finding the general concensus is Inertia guns have alot of recoil, is this accurate?

No, it is not! (Perceived)recoil is, by definition, how you feel it.
I feel my SS's recoil is comparable to the gas guns that I've shot with less muzzle climb; my gun fits me well. You need to shoot the ones that you're interested in, in order to decide. If you live near me you're welcome to shoot mine.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 2:00 pm 
Limited Edition

Ha, well maybe a few years ago. New York has grown farther and farther away and with it the huge taxes, unfortunatly which are following me to VA. I think I might just have to rent one tomarrow at the range.