It is currently Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Super sport ll test (professional)
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:01 pm 
Diamond Grade

Rugerismisticness wrote:
I think I might just have to rent one tomarrow at the range.

Sounds like a good idea.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:59 pm 
Utility Grade

I bought a Super Sport II a few weeks ago and really like it. Pretty soft recoil for a 12 gauge.

Love the looks, the cycling speed, smoothness of the action, how it swings, the choke selection, ease of maintenance and seems to how to smoke a clay on its own. One of the nicest shooting guns I've ever owned.

Definite recommend.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:42 am 
Presentation Grade

http://www.outdoorlife.com/articles/guns/shotguns/semi-autos/2007/09/gun-review-benelli-super-sport

The original Super Sport II test link no longer works.
Here is an Outdoor Life link to a Super Sport test which I imagine is the same article with corrected title and image.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:54 pm 
Utility Grade

Just bought my Sport II today, shot 200 sporting clays with Remington Sporting Clays Nitro and Nitro 27's, and I couldn't be happier. Took 88 the first time around, and 92 the next. Thanks to everyone at shotgunworld.com for your opinions (good and bad) about all the brands/models I was looking at. This thing shoots like a dream. When you fire, the delay of the inertia system gives you the feel of a solid double gun before cycling into the next round so fast, by the time you feel the bolt open, its closed with the next shell and ready to fire....As for recoil, my .410 lever-action hurts my shoulder more. Like I said, I shot 200 rounds and I could have easily shot 200 more, except it got dark. All-around awesome shotgun, and I recommend it to anyone looking for a sporting gun that just works so well, it feels like they're cheating.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:15 am 
Utility Grade

Vespasian wrote:
ClayMasterNick wrote:
I also own a sport II and must say the recoil is non existent. Although when shooting some of the higher velocity shells (1300) there still a nice little lick that comes with the recoil. Besides those though, the gun is the best on the market.

I'm becoming more recoil sensitive as time goes by, so I'm looking for a high-quality auto loader in 12 ga. for trap, Skeet, and sporting clays. A couple of years ago, I shot a round of Skeet with a Benelli Legacy that beat the stuffing out of me. Half way through the round, I could hardly hit anything. What makes the Sport II a softer-shooting shotgun? Thanks!

Tom

Tom - the main difference between the Legacy and the Sport II when it comes to recoil is that the Legacy has a standard AA-Walnut stock w/ gel-pads whereas the Sport II has the ComforTech recoil system.

Cheers
Ben

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:08 am 
Diamond Grade

CanuckBen wrote:
Tom - the main difference between the Legacy and the Sport II when it comes to recoil is that the Legacy has a standard AA-Walnut stock w/ gel-pads whereas the Sport II has the ComforTech recoil system.
Ben

Nope. The Supersport has the comfortech stock;
Sport II has a walnut stock (same as Legacy)

(Since this is an old, resurrected thread, anything new from the OP's?)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:34 am 
Field Grade

I have been looking at the Super Sport and reading about it for a year. I normally shoot a Browning Citori with Kolar tubes for registered skeet, but wanted a 12 ga auto to shoot skeet, trap, 5 stand for fun shoots.
I shoot an SBEII for ducks/geese so I am sold on the Benelli action, reciol and feel. The SS seemed the way to go and I just love the way it looks.
First time out of the box, I shot skeet as well or better than the Browning I have been using for a while. Trap, not so good, dinking with the chockes, and it likes a light modified and now shoots as well as the Browning.
This is an awesome fast gun, I dont mess with my triggers, some folks lighten them up, but I dont, but I have "accidently double tapped the Benelli, so trigger pull and speed are not an issue.
I drop shells in the chamber all the time, no problem. Only trouble I had was shooting a real fast round of trap on a 101 degree day, it didnt want to release the bolt as easily.
Great gun, a dream to shoot, I wont say - NO recoil, no such thing, but its softer than my Beretta 20ga 390.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:12 pm 
Diamond Grade

And the SuperSport is "Easy-To-Clean" {hs#

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:18 am 
Diamond Grade

Banjo MD wrote:
And the SuperSport is "Easy-To-Clean" {hs#

Man, I have to agree with you there. Every other flat or so, "pop the top" (I mean, could they have possibly designed it any easier to get inside an action?!), shoot it out with some compressed air, maybe swab the bolt lug recesses with a wet Q-tip and I am DONE, and movin' onto some other, more enjoyable activity. Gawd, I LOVE my Sport II.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:53 pm 
Presentation Grade

Location: Palookaville, NJ. Birth place of municipal corruption.
The Benelli action is truly a classic design.

Every time I take mine apart I am simply amazed how "new" it looks inside. Every time I take my 1187 apart to clean that sh*ty gas piston, I am amazed about how "worn" it looks.