Shotgun Forum banner

SBE Not Cycling Shells

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  scayden 
#1 ·
My SBE barely cycles even the heaviest of loads. Cleaning and changing out the main spring did not help. It gets worse as the outside temp. drops. Anyone experiencing these issues or have a fix?

#5 ·
It is hard to diagnose a problem like this without seeing the gun, but I would look at everything that ensures one of these guns will cycle, which includes cleaning, light lubrication, ensuring the inertia spring is in the bolt, cam pin in good condition, action spring and follower, magazine spring, the ejector, the cartridge drop and cartridge drop spring and finally, a firm hold against the shoulder when firing the gun. Beyond this, if nothing is identified, it may be time to call Benelli customer service or find someone in your immediate area that is familiar with this gun. My apologies for "shotgunning" potential causes for this problem, but maybe this will help you (or someone else) identify the cause of this problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.