It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: RL Safety
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:09 pm 
I want to have Ruger disable the auto-safety on my new all weather, am I sending them the whole gun or just the receiver?

Post subject: Re: RL Safety
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:49 pm 
Diamond Grade

I'd ask Ruger. :) Check their web site for a contact customer service numbers or e-mail. I called them about my .22 magnum once and they were very responsive and nice about the whole thing.

By the way, welcome to shotgunworld!

Jeff23
Coalition of Connecticut Sportsmen
National Rifle Association

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:49 pm 
Thanks Jeff,

I'm 55 and not to good at this internet stuff. Been shooting for 49 years, life member NRA, etc. but just started last year trying to bust clays. I love it.......... and hate it (should have started 40 years ago when I had reflexes and eyeballs)

Billy S

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:22 pm 
Diamond Grade

I know the feeling. :) Re: Ruger, I've heard of people having bad experiences with their customer service, but I got a very nice woman on the phone, shipped my rifle to them, and had it back in about a week and a half. All for free. I'd be interested to know how your experience with them turns out.

And hey, with all that experience, I hope you'll register for the forums here and become a regular poster. The more of a knowledge base we have, the better. :)

Best, Jeff

Jeff23
Coalition of Connecticut Sportsmen
National Rifle Association

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:57 pm 
Tournament Grade

i had the automatic part of the safety disconnected on my 20gage red label for $10.00 by my gunsmith it is no big deal. ruger may not do it, i would not want to be without mine even for a day.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:42 pm 
Actually, Ruger has the offer (for 20 bucks total) right in the owners manual. I went their way to make sure I wouldn't have warrantee problems.

I know what you mean about sending it away though. We had only just met! Luckily I've got my Berreta girls (682-12 & 686-20 to keep me company while the RL is away.

Billy