CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ruger Gold Label fitted case, myth or reality?
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:52 pm 
Tournament Grade

Did Ruger ever make a fitted case for the Gold Label? I've seen them on line but I've never seen one in the Ruger catalog hence the question. I took the plunge and bought what was offered as a factory Gold label fitted case. When it arrived, everything was good except for the tumbler lock. It was pretty cheesy and failed the first time I tried to set the combination. Now I've got to find a luggage repair shop to have a new lock/latch put on. My guess is that this is a knock-off case and not a real authorized Ruger product in spite of the embossed leather Ruger badge fitted into the case.

Post subject: Re: Ruger Gold Label fitted case, myth or reality?
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:53 pm 
Diamond Grade

I read somewhere, that if you ordered an engraved Gold Label, that it came in a Ruger case. I called Ruger to see if I could order a case. They told me they were only available through their custom shop, and that they were out of stock. I found a ruger case, that came with a DU gun, and it works fine for my Gold Label.

Goldhky

Isla de Cuba anillo dice "libertade para todos"

Post subject: Re: Ruger Gold Label fitted case, myth or reality?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:17 am 
Field Grade

When I bought mine, about three years ago now, I called the custom shop and they rerouted me to some gal that took the order over the phone arrived in about 10 days back then.