CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Breaking down a Red Label for storage?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:13 pm 
Utility Grade

Lately I have been storing my red label (20 ga) broken down, with the barrel and forearm assembly removed. Normally this leaves the release lever to the right, which I don't like for fear of getting the lever snagged on something when I pull it out of the case. To deal with that, I've been using a key or piece of metal to press the release pin on the face of the receiver. When you do this, the release lever swings back to its center position. Does this hurt anything in the shotgun? Also, after removing the barrels and hitting the release pin, I've also been pulling the trigger twice, under the theory that storing the gun uncocked is better / easier on the springs. Is that logic correct as well?

Post subject: Re: Breaking down a Red Label for storage?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:17 pm 
Diamond Grade

Everything you are doing is just fine. The only thing i would do different is to hold a piece of hard wood against the breach face when you pull the triggers.
Dave

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:00 pm 
Utility Grade

Hey, thanks for the tip about the wood block.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:06 pm 
Tournament Grade

I think storing the RRL in pieces makes sense. The ejector springs must surely benefit from this practice.