It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rusty forming around Monobloc/barrel joint
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:15 pm 
My Red Label has a tendency to begin to form a light coating of rust where the monobloc/barrels join. This is especially true after a fair bit of shooting. It's readily cleaned away, in fact it often appears to be more of a rust colored liquid. Has anyone else experienced this?

Post subject: Re: Rusty forming around Monobloc/barrel joint
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:00 am 
Presentation Grade

This is a commen problem with Red Labels. The liquid is left over flux from brazing the barrels to the monoblock. Keep it cleaned up and eventually it will stop and it won't effect the lifespan of your gun. it's too bad Ruger couldn't keep this from happening but the Red Label is still a fine shotgun.

Post subject: Re: Rusty forming around Monobloc/barrel joint
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:32 pm 
Thanks Swamp Yankee, I figured that it was something like flux but was interested in seeing if others experienced this problem. I agree, the Red Label is a fine weapon and I dearly love mine.