It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 10:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Important Announcement
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:00 pm 
Crown Grade

It looks as though I may need to change the date we shoot. I have some things that were not anticipated earlier but which have now arisen that may be issues around that time. I do not feel that it would be fair to wait much longer to make an announcement of a change. A possible aternative would be to get together at another club......but I may not be able to be there. Hose, anything up your way we could schedule as a possible choice?

I can't go into a great deal of detail other than to say that my wife has been undergoing some testing and may require a serius surgery in the next few weeks. If that happens it is unlikely that I would be able to be a part of the festivities, much less host them. I have resisted making this announcement but she and I have talked over the last few days, we saw the surgeon and we are hoping that the therapy will take care of the need for anything radical. But, we do not have that guarantee. So, I think it is best to make this call now.

Sorry guys, but if this surgery would happen it would probably mean some serious lifestyle adjustment for my family in the next few months. That would then put us into late summer or early fall. I just cannot leave you hanging out there and then post something the week before telling you it is called off.

Post subject: Re: Important Announcement
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:08 am 
Limited Edition

hey. i can't make your guys shoot but the reason for my reply is to offer your wife and yourself some prayers and thoughts that everything works out well.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:07 am 

KT

My thoughts are with you and your wife in these trying times.

I would have no problem waiting, if it comes to that. I have a couple of places in mind. Although, the one with the great SC course has no trap or skeet. The one with trap and skeet has a "SC" course that is utterly pathetic at best. I am up for discussion on what would be the best course of action. The SC place is great and has multiple courses that we could split up on. Also is only 2 turns and about 7-8 mins off the Ohio Turnpike, so it is easily accessible.

Throw me an e-mail or phone call Joe, and we can discuss the best course of action, as you must be present one way or the other as to try and defend your title. When I win it back, you have to be there or it is just isnt the same, I cant hear you cry from that far away...... :twisted: :wink: :lol:

Those that can, do.......because they had good teachers.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:17 pm 
Crown Grade

Hose, if there is going to be a shoot held you guys should just go ahead and plan it. Of course, I will do my best to be in attendance but I cannot promise anything. Especially if we have guys coming from other states. Try to put together something that will maximize it for the most number of people.

You could even keep the same date and just move to one of those clubs up north. I just don't want the responsibility of having to line up extra trappers and coordinate the meal and all that with my club. If some have already planned that date then keep it. If I can make it up I will do so. If not, then there can always be next year for me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:25 pm 
Presentation Grade

KT
I hope everything works out for your wife and family.

With the gas prices going up every day I wasnt sure if I would be able to make this year. It would have cost me around $80 just in gas to make it. However if Hose's club is closer I just might be able to be persuaded after all. :wink: We had a great time last year and was looking foward to this year.

Keep us posted.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:37 am 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

KT13,

I can't even begin to hope to make this shoot anytime in the near future.

Just posting to send best wishes and prayers for your family at this time. The adjustments can be rough but sticking together will help you all. Been through that myself and made it!

Take care of your family, you'll make it,

Safe trails,
CKid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:13 am 

I am still trying to work some things out, but it doesnt look good for the "all walks" course. Unfortunately it may just be SC. I should know by the end of this week. Trying to do what I can to keep the same date.

Those that can, do.......because they had good teachers.