It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: duck and goose hunting
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:59 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi, im new to duck hunting and goose. but i bird hunt. i need help diecding what choke to run out of my model 1300 12 gauge illl be shooting geese and ducks in a ground blind the birds will be flying maybe 35 45 yards top. its easy shot. but what extended choke tube should i run???? help please

Post subject: Re: duck and goose hunting
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:08 pm 
Diamond Grade

birdsandbucks247 wrote:
Hi, im new to duck hunting and goose. but i bird hunt. i need help diecding what choke to run out of my model 1300 12 gauge illl be shooting geese and ducks in a ground blind the birds will be flying maybe 35 45 yards top. its easy shot. but what extended choke tube should i run???? help please

I assume you are shooting steel shot. At 35 yards an Improved Cylinder will probably be okay. At 45 yards you are starting to look at a Modified. A modified at 35 yards with steel shot can be a little tight for a less experienced shooter. I have a Briley Light Modified that I really like for this kind of shooting.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:14 am 
Utility Grade

I hope you don't mind but where do you hunt duck and goose? :) online pokies australia

Last edited by kennycarlson on Fri May 17, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:49 pm 
Crown Grade

How is it you are going to get them to fly over at 35 to 45 yards? We would all like to know about these easy shots.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:00 pm 
Field Grade

for goose hunting i always use a full choke to get all the pellets i can on them, i've never been duck hunting but i might try it this year i would use a mod choke for that

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:55 pm 
Utility Grade

I’d use a modified for ducks out to 35 yds and full for geese. If I could use only one it would be an improved modified choke. Practice several rounds of skeet with your typical skeet gun and also trap at station 1 and 5 and at least several 5 stand rounds using the choke that you have decided to hunt with to improve your odds at filling your daily limit.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:06 am 
Tournament Grade

Put your modified tube in an go shoot birds.