CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HELP!! Franchi 720 Review
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:11 pm 
Utility Grade

I'm looking to buy my wife (5'1", 110 lbs) a new shotgun (Franchi 720 short stock). Currently she's shooting my nephews 870 Express Youth (20ga), the LOP is a little long at 13" so I'm hoping the 12.5 will work out well.

A couple of questions.

1. What can she expect in the way of recoil comparatively between the 870 and Franchi 720, more or less?

2. Does the Franchi 720 use a Gas or Inertia based system? Their website says gas, but I thought they used the same system as Benelli's Inertia?

Thanks,

Tim

Post subject: re: HELP!! Franchi 720 Review
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:05 pm 
Field Grade

Well first, why is this in the Young Guns section? :lol:

To answer your questions:

1.) I'd say that both guns will have equal felt recoil.
2.) The Franchi 720 seems to be a gas operated, instead of inertia.

You might want to repost this in the Gun Opinions section. You'll get wayyyy more answers

Post subject: re: HELP!! Franchi 720 Review
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:57 pm 
Field Grade

bought my daughter the 720 short recently. She is 4'11" and 95lbs. Fit her pretty well but since we first gun and wanted soft recoil I cut down stock slightly to add bigger/softer recoil pad. Recoil is not bad at all, definately less than a pump IMO. Had no problems with ours at all. Getting a standard stock and barrel for my wife to also use the gun. It is a gas operated gun, the AL48 and I-12 are inertia operated. Good luck!

Post subject: Re: HELP!! Franchi 720 Review
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:21 pm 
Field Grade

hey i did alot of research on franchi stuff when i bought my new I-12. The I-12 is a very nice gun to let you know . It has such soft recoil and the inertia driven system is so nice and easy to clean. I looked at the Franchi 720 and it sounds like a nice gun. Personally i Really like Franchi guns, i really like their reliability and their quality. The Franchi shotguns really dont kick hard at all with the new TSA recoil system with the gel insert and stuff. i think the 720 would be great for your wife.

Post subject: Re: HELP!! Franchi 720 Review
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:56 am 
Utility Grade

My friend is considering getting the Franchi 702 for his daughter.

I bought my wife the Beretta Urika youth model, and she has been very happy with it. The price went up on the Urika II and is difficult to get (currently on back-order). The gun is a great gun, and I bought it over the Franchi 702 because of reports of mechanical difficulties.

Looking at the price difference now, I am recommending that he look at the Franchi. The light weight and the reduced recoil of gas operation with the LOP at 12.5" are all great features for a youth or woman's model gun. But the question is, how does it function and recoil compared to the Beretta? And how difficult is it to get parts if the gun breaks during the season?

How does the reliability, ease of getting parts, and overall quality of the gun compare to the Beretta 391???? Would anyone prefer the Franchi over the Beretta at the same price?