It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: New Rule for Classifieds
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:45 pm 

If you have minimal or no prior history here on Shotgun World and you are offering a gun to sell, you must include in the listing (not a link to elsewhere) at least one current photo of the item for sale. One of the photos must have the item and a picture of the front page of a newspaper or a printed news article from the internet, or a piece of paper with your SGW forum username and first date of sale. All must be clearly visible. This is to help prevent bogus sales offers. Items for sale without this may be deleted without warning or notification.

Post subject: Re: New Rule for Classifieds
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:21 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Great idea!

kolarskeet@gmail.com
http://www.sminglershotgunsports.webs.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:52 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Great idea, Curly, but the devil is in the details. It is very hard for newcomers to post pictures on this site...and, not a lot easier for some of us old-timers. If the photo posting procedure could be improved, it would help make this new policy more workable.

Romans 8:1

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:53 pm 
Diamond Grade

I think this is a great idea. I do however, have to agree with OldSkeeter on the difficulty some have with posting pictures here. While I have no problems with posting them, there are many posts by members who do seem to have troubles...
And must it be a newspaper, I have a hard time supporting the anti-gun rag newspapers available around here?

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:50 am 

The whole reason is to prove current possession of the item for sale. Too many folks are offering for sale a wide assortment of hard to find items in response to WTB listings.
If they want to sell it, they will ascertain how to post a picture and meet the requirement.
Repeated failure to do so will earn them a ban-hammer smite.
I hate scammers as much as I hate spammers.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:20 am 
Tournament Grade

Very fair, and I am one of those that struggle with pictures. Eventually I will get the pictures
posted. I just keep editing the post until I see the pictures and then I post it.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:31 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

There's little excuse for not being able to post photos.

Step 1: Open a free Photobucket account
Step 2: Upload picture to Photobucket
Step 3: Copy the "Direct" link (actually, all you have to do is click on the link and the URL copies automatically to your pasteboard)
Step 4: Click the "IMG" tag provided by the SGW post editor
Step 5: Paste the link into the IMG tag brackets provided by SGW

It's really quite easy.

"but . . . but . . . but" . . . you say?
Here's your butt . . .

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:31 am 
Presentation Grade

Even for those who are 'computer challenged', a link to Photobucket where the requisite photo is available...and some copy to indicate that the "dated" pix are there... would probably be doable and meet the new requirement.

#ell, even I could probably do that!
:lol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]