It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WTB FN SC-1 Laminate
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:10 pm 
Diamond Grade

I would like to buy the o/u put out by FN in any of the laminate editions.
They came in colors of blue, green and black.
Gun will need to 85% or better condition, less the issue of the cracking forearm.
You may P M me or email. I lose my login after a couple of days, so email might be better.

Last edited by railroad on Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: WTB FN SC-1 Laminate
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:37 pm 
Field Grade

Very unique gun, I looked for one last year, haven't ever seen one for sale. Good luck with your search! Post a review of it if you end up finding one.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:52 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a grey and black model that I intend to send back to FN next week. The forearm cracked on it, and supposedly they will issue a full refund. From what I understand every one of these guns the forearm will crack sooner or later. Are you looking for one with repairing the forearm in mind? I believe it will be hard to find a used one as if FN is going to pay the full purchase price then everyone will eventually send them back to the factory.

Good luck with the search though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:02 pm 
Tournament Grade

there was a Winchester select energy that is about the same gun. I assume it has the same crack issue.

If you don't have to have laminate stock, the Winchester 101 ultimate sporting sold at bass pro shop is a FN made over/under at a pretty good price.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:45 pm 
Diamond Grade

I just found this on the FN Forums, it's from 4 months ago...
Quote:
Spoke to FN today and they say they have a fix. They have not informed customer service what the fix is but supposedly it will be done in a couple of months.
Not the greatest answer but at least some light at the end of the tunnel.

I have no idea if it is true or not, but if you are interested in one or own one, it may be worth looking into...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:28 pm 
Utility Grade

Railroad,
I sent you a PM on two Green Laminate guns.