It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Remington Model 3200 Competition
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:43 pm 
Field Grade

I have a beautiful Remington 3200 Competition Model for sale. The wood on this shotgun is beautiful. Barrels measure 29.5" from the breech face to the end of the barrels. This gun has been sent to Laibs' Gunsmithing, recently, for upgrades to firing pins, stock, springs, hammers, and ejectors. Total of Laibs' bill was, $698.00 and I have the receipt. The work looks first class and I he is the premier 3200 gunsmith in the country.

This particular shotgun was sent to Stan Baker, at some point early on, to have choke tubes installed, and to have the barrels ported. Stan was one of the premier barrel guys years ago, and his work was much sought after. He did a REALLY nice job with the choke tubes, but it looks a bit odd because his method, at the time, was to expand the barrels before threading them. All chokes have knurled ends for easy removal. This shotgun comes with six choke tubes, and the original spec sheet. I am asking $1,200 plus shipping. If you are interested and would like pics, or have questions, send me an e-mail at dasroofr@bresnan.net. I am living in So. Colorado, and a FTF transfer would be awesome, but I will ship. Anyone reading this should do a web search on Stan, for the history if nothing else. Interesting guy.

Thanks for looking,
Gary

Edit: 1/29/18- I had another forum member, Harold, point out that the barrels on this shotgun were not polished blue like the receiver. Missed this in my description. Probably had to refinish the barrels after they were expanded to accept the removable chokes. So, thank you Harold!!!