It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: New Rapid Reloading Gunstock
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:47 am 
Tournament Grade

Ezra Smack wrote:
In competition, the winners have learned how to grab 3 or 4 shells at a time and thumb them into the magazine thus avoiding making multiple hand trips back and forth. In high end shotgun competition nobody retrieves and loads shells one at a time and wins. It just takes too long in a game of economy of motion. That being said, the underside of the stock is essentially dead space and having 5 spare shells there gives the shooter another option if something goes wrong, or if he needs a slug. If there was a way to make this thing dump 4 shells into the shooters hand at once it would be a real game changer. One at a time is just not how we load anymore.

LOL! My friend, I agree that if there was a way to dump 4 shells into the hand at once, it would be a "game changer."

But my perspective is not games.

My perspective is when those targets are shooting back at you, or the targets are 10 yards away, moving 40 miles per hour and one swipe of a paw the size of a coffee table will take your head off at the neck in the next half second. This is where the necessity is not 4, 5 or 25 more shells to finish the stage ... the necessity is ONE more good shell to stay alive.

In my world there is just no time for 4 more in the mag tube; there is time for only one more round straight into the ejection port.

There is nothing wrong with competition to sharpen skills, learn techniques and have some fun. But I envision this stock to be of most value in a world where professionals carry a shotgun 24 hours a day, shell holders just get in the way, and accessories need to be 100% reliable or people die.

No one up here ever uses goofy stuff like heat shields, vertical grips or bayonets; few people would trust their life to anything "tacticool" or made by ATI, and people who grew up with a shotgun never more than arms length away their whole lives laugh at folks who watch too many videos and try to turn a shotgun into a carbine by adopting some kind of Costa stance.

It's kinda why I like shotguns. Good AND bad, it's not a rifle.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:02 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Notice that I opened my comment with the phrase "In competition" as competition shooters are a big chunk of the market. For home defense you are really unlikely to have to reload as criminal home invaders tend to scatter once you start shooting at them. Statistically most self defense shootings are solved with three or four shots. In the hunting field having 5 extra shells handy could be a big advantage.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:23 am 
Diamond Grade

Clint Smith's expertise preaches: "You (only) run what you brung."

TactaLoad's offering affords you at least 1-5 extra rounds in a (IMO-superior) rearward-balanced any-applied SG application. Now, honestly, even presuming it'd work for me , it would cost/offset me my long-trained/afforded buttcuff + EXTRA pouch-holding (sling+criticals, etc) BENEFITS. ...So I'm not committed/sold either way yet.
And I've privately deviled in several custom options for such intent: Image

3G, as a multi-gun current competition, was/is "supposed" to incur real life civi SD stresses, training, AND REALITIES; ...like IDPA was intended such from IPSC competition.
But inherently "gaming" and best-tech marketed hardware improvements often supersede the typically best civivian REAL WORLD means, like 22-24" barrels with 10-round capacities...

Mindset, Tactics, Skill, and Gear, IN THAT ORDER, and (whether Yeager, and I've proudly trained & slept in his basement :wink:, trademarked such or not) are the priority montra for ANY effective survival.
And, as CdnTrainer exemplifies, any predator that has from-birth/centuries has always naturally/instinctively hunted and consumed to sustain itself (and especially out weighs me 2-4+ times) is THE primordial nightmare/danger that DISCOVERY, COPS or on-line fathoming can't alone provide actuality to.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:51 am 
Tournament Grade

I have always admired your setups sir!

I like your shotguns. You use proven and practical accessories like Hogue stocks and forends and XS Big Dot sights. They almost exactly mirror my setups.

I also think the buttcuff is one of the more practical ways to carry spare shells on the shotgun, so if I ever get a chance to test TactaLoad's stock, I know you will be very interested in the results. I too need to be sold on it - so you know it will be a fair and impartial test - but I can certainly see the possible advantages. Plus, from what I have seen and read, I am impressed by the company and the philosophy behind the design.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:52 pm 
Field Grade

Add us to your reloading repertoire and we'll quickly become your favorite, because we're the fastest!!

http://www.tactaload.com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:36 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

This thing beats the pants off traditional butt cuff shell holders.

It is a lot less likely to get snagged, spilled or be in the way if you had to shoot off the left shoulder such as around the left side of a barricade. Again, IN COMPETITION, shouldering a long gun off the wrong shoulder exposes too much of your body and earns you a five second procedural error.

BTW: What is the length of pull on this stock and how does that compare to the standard factory length.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:54 pm 
Field Grade

The stock has a 13 1/2" LOP with the recoil pad on. Which is standard LOP for Rem 870's and some Mossbergs (I've seen some factory Mossberg stocks have as much as a 14 1/2" LOP).

Assuming we get enough orders to fund the company, we will shortly thereafter offer a flat plastic butt plate for shooters who are wearing heavy/thick gear and don't want a rubber recoil pad to get caught on anything. This butt plate makes the LOP 12 1/2".

We will also offer, at the same time as the butt plate, 1/2" LOP spacers so shooters can adjust their LOP as long as necessary.

Thanks for the question!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:57 pm 
Tournament Grade

I see a real advantage to this for me personally since I am left handed. Having extra rounds on the same side as the port is a real advantage for a right handed shooter utilizing a butt cuff so for a lefty this is the next best thing.

Im retired now, so my thoughts are directed more towards hunting, and for the type of duck hunting I do this this may fit the bill perfectly. Make one for a BPS while youre at it! :D

Stay safe...Shultzy

Last edited by Sgtshultzy1 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:40 pm 
Field Grade

Hi Shultzy, thanks for the comment!

You are absolutely right in your observation, the TactaLoad stock is perfect for left hand shooters because the ejection port is right in your face and super easy to load from the stock. A left handed shooter would keep their left hand on the stock and use their right hand to slide the forend back, remove the shell from the TactaLoad stock, load the shell into the open chamber then slide the forend foreword putting the shotgun back into battery.

When I had left handed shooters functioning the TactaLoad at the range, I had to laugh when one of them said, "Finally, us lefties win for once!". He was quite happy with how fast he could reload with the TactaLoad. We are in the process of filming a video showcasing a left handed shooter, I'll post a link here as soon as it's wrapped up.

I'm also a duck/goose/dove/pheasant hunter and I use the TactaLoad every season, it's responsible for me limiting out on more than one occasion!

Thanks again for the comment, and if there is enough customer interest in making one for the BPS we'll certainly entertain it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:10 pm 
Field Grade

Hey Shooters, we just put another video on our Facebook page so incase you don't Facebook here's the YouTube link, enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxnmLo_JOdQ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:52 pm 
Field Grade

The Easiest Instant Upgrade you can make to your pump shotgun!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:30 pm 
Diamond Grade

TactaLoad wrote:
The stock has a 13 1/2" LOP with the recoil pad on. Which is standard LOP for Rem 870's and some Mossbergs (I've seen some factory Mossberg stocks have as much as a 14 1/2" LOP).
CORRECTION: Standard LOP for a factory standard stocked 870 is right at 14", synthetic or wood. I've shortened plenty of them (per 1" masking tape guide, 1/32" cut + ~1/64" sanding + 1" Limbsaver) to achieve right at 12-7/8" LOP. That's better/perfect IMO because it affords faster shouldering and/or better fits smaller statured shooters/women. A 12" LOP, like Hogue's offering, puts your encircled thumb VERY close to your nose under 12ga recoil... That's why I cut Hogue's 14" stocks to 12-3/4" LOP to utilize factory Limbsaver pads.

I agree that most MILs and LEOs who wear body armor would opt for a ~12-1/2" LOP plastic plate BUT a whole lot of (less-buffed/trained) buying civilians appreciate a good recoil pad for just 2-3/4" 12GA 00-buck (especially for critical practice). I'd suggest you seriously consider 1/4" spacers like (it pains me I said it, not all-knowing/fitting) Magpul.

Your prelim pics shows an incorporated Hogue recoil pad, yes? Since you're way ahead of starting molds, if you haven't already, maybe call Alan Lotton (good folk VP) @ Limbsaver.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:59 pm 
Field Grade

Hi GDubya, I'm glad you brought up our recoil pad.

Our recoil pad is our own purpose built, highly effective recoil pad designed by shooters for shooters. We collected feedback from hardened competitive shooters down to soft shouldered occasional shooters in it's design, and even torture tested it with 3 1/2" monster shells, to ensure it's success. You'll love it!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:16 pm 
Field Grade

Dominate the SKY with TactaLoad!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:59 pm 
Field Grade

Hey Shooters, we just put another fun video on our YouTube channel, check it out, exploding melons!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7c_FdrSHCg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:11 pm 
Field Grade

Hey Shooters, we just put an even better video on our YouTube channel, check it out, LARGER exploding melons!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5ll64j-M-0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:33 am 
Field Grade

Happy Birthday America!!

Help support American Manufacturing at http://www.tactaload.com !!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:57 am 
Field Grade

What's inside YOUR stock?!

Isn't it time you gave your pump shotgun an upgrade?

Visit http://www.tactaload.com for 50% off MSRP!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:27 pm 
Field Grade

Hey shooters, the crowdfunding campaign for the TactaLoad stock ends August 1st, so this is your last chance to get one at 50% off MSRP! If we fail to reach our funding goal, we'll be forced to seek out the more traditional forms of investment. That's important to know because it would mean these stocks would never be offered at such a great discount again. So, if you're interested, the time is now to place your order.

NOTE: As with all crowdfunding campaigns, if you place your order and we do not reach our goal, you will NOT be charged. You will only be charged IF we hit our goal, so this is a completely risk free transaction.

ALSO: If we fail to hit our crowdfunding goal, I will honor the $80 price for anyone who ordered during the crowdfunding campaign when we do go into full production. I believe in being loyal to those who were loyal to me, just the way I was raised.

Check us out at http://www.tactaload.com and secure your stock at the $80 price today!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:49 pm 
Field Grade

In case anybody here does the Facebook thing, we're having a contest to win a TactaLoad hat, you just have to like the ad to be entered. Our Facebook link is https://www.facebook.com/tactaload/ Good Luck!

Check us out at http://www.tactaload.com for your last chance at a 50% discount on the fastest practical reloading system on the market!