ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mossberg 500A 12GA Tactical Stock, Forend, Heat Shield, Etc
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:31 am 
Field Grade

My Mossberg shotgun has "Mossberg MADE IN USA NORTH HAVEN CONN. 500A 12 GA" and serial number "L931594" stamped into it which according to the best of my ability of finding charts, my gun was made somewhere around 1997

Aside from most tactical upgrades being made for the newer Mossberg 500 models, my problem is how this 500A model has what most sites say as being the 6 3/4" forend, and the newer 500 models have a 7 3/4". Well I measured mine and it measures exactly 6 9/16" and so I called Mossberg to see if they could give me any insight and said they didn't specifically have a Mossberg 500A manual but I could download their manual for their 500 model which also covers their 505™, 535™, 590®, 835® and this manual may or may not have exact/specific information for their 500 series that have the 500A on them but is a general manual that 500A owners can use for their gun.

Well since that was a dead end because their manual does not cover the 500A...the 500 they show in the manual may have the same or similar firing/chambering assembly, the 500 in their manual is not the same as a 500A in that the magazine tube and forend assembly are substantially different!

....and so does anyone have the actual manual that came with your 500A, and I'm also looking for the tactical forend conversion kit. I'm on social security disability and so gotta count every penny but yet I don't want items that's easy on the wallet but cheaply made, and on the other hand I don't want to put a bunch of money into a gun that's only appraised for around 150.00 but upgrading with some tactical accessories will end costing me the price of just going out and buying a tactical shotgun with these things already on it

So far I have already purchased the tactical stock for it and is actually out for delivery today. Concerning the tactical forend upgrade, from what I've found is 3 of them and I will try to upload the pictures (not sure how to and if I do, I'm not sure if I end up doing right) and the maker and descriptions if possible.

oh and if possible, would you please provide the specific manufactures, model numbers, and links to the items...I've often had nothing but problems when looking up other stuff that people only gave a general reference to, and if you provide these things it will make it so much more easier for me and anyone else who's looking to upgrade their 500A which can be a bit of a problematic model due to it's difference in magazine tube and forend assembly, and many items out their being sold for the Mossberg 500 doesn't give specifics and/or list in their descriptions whether it is for the newer 500 models or the 500A.

Well looking like I won't be able to attach any pictures to make it easier to show the forends that I came across... this site FAQ's said that we're not allowed to attach pictures from our pc but would have to open an account on something like a image hosting site whereby I found out that you will have then upload your pictures to that site and then copy the url or whatever from that site and then input that here with in your message...no thanks... quite a bit of hassle just to show a few pictures but who knows, maybe they do it for security reasons and so it's for our best interest not being able to just attach pictures directly from our pc