It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 9:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help Me Plan a Tactical Shotgun Build
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:50 pm 
Utility Grade

I was thinking of building on a Remington 870 Wingmaster, in 12 gauge with a 28" barrel.

I'd probably buy

An 18" barrel
An M4 stock
A surefire forend
A magazine extension

Where should I get all this stuff?

Or should I build on a Benelli Super Black Eagle (also set up as a hunting gun)?

Help please.

Post subject: re: Help Me Plan a Tactical Shotgun Build
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:31 pm 
Tournament Grade

Barrel: http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.e ... t=11082005

Stock: http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.e ... t=11082005

Foreend: http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_ ... rfnbr/1127

Mag Extension: http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.e ... t=11082005

for the price of all this you could buy a SPAS 12.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=76069003

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:45 pm 
Utility Grade

Thank you.

I wasn't very clear. Both the 870 and the Benelli are already available to me.

I also would like a non-rifled barrel (aren't those about $110?). I've seen M4 stocks for about $60, surefire for-ends with lights (wasn't very clear that I wanted a light either, I'm sorry) for $250, and a mag extension for $40. This would probably be for the 870. So It'd run me about $500.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:51 pm 
Tournament Grade

in that case go for it.

cylinder bore 18.5"

http://www.midwayusa.com/ebrowse.exe/br ... **11373***

$99

the forend, stock and extension you saw earlier will do you fine.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:12 pm 
Field Grade

If it was me to do over I would start with a police model and build on that.

If your looking for a Surefire M69 forend for a 870 contact sean@nationalpolicesupply.com nobody sells them cheaper and great customer service too! Tell him Michael sent you.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:57 pm 
Tournament Grade

older Wingmasters are much higher quality than any other line Remington currently sells.

if you absolutely had to build on a police, get one of the older ones, not the newer guns they produce.

this for example.

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php ... ts_id/1565

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:43 pm 
Utility Grade

Yep, this Wingmaster is at least 15 years old. It runs great. I think I'm going to start by getting an 18" barrel for it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:11 pm 
Presentation Grade

Mossberg has just come out with a Breecher barrel for Remington 870 shotguns. You can find one on Gun Broker. Check out also a UTG shotgun Tri-Rail barrel mount. It can serve as a mag tube clamp with 3 rail mounts. They look good and are very good quality and low price about $20. You can get one at Cheaper Than Dirt item# SHT-070 & SHT-071 two different lengths. The pic at CTD shows it mounted to the mag tube but it will fit between the barrel and mag tube and serve as a clamp also. It would look good on the shotgun in the pic above. You can get a quick release sling swivel from Command Arms, CAA, that will fit in the hole of the of the tri-rail barrel mount. I believe it is better to mount a light on a sationary mount than the forend. Forend rails are good for mounting a forend grip. Mesa Tactical has very good Tactical accessories for shotguns. The best I think. AR15 stock adaptor to mount any AR stock, Shell carriers that mounts on the Stock adaptor, on both sides of the shotgun receiver, not the shotgun receiver, scope mount that also mounts to the stock adaptor to mount a red dot sight. Go to thier website. Command Arms also makes a very good 6 position stock that is an excellent price, $78, for what you get. You check it out at Midway USA item#178188 it has a very good rating. I have one and they are excellent. You can get a very good quality Tri-Rail forend made by Falcon industries at Midway USAitem# 853511 for $70. That is a lot less than the surefire forend cost. It is made of Aluminum. It has very good rating on Midway USA. Cheaper Than Dirt has a plastic forend with one bottom Rail and forend grip included that is good for $15 item# SHT-062 That is plenty of stuff to chose from to build an ultimate Tactical Shotgun.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:18 pm 
Diamond Grade

If you want a breacher attachment for your Remington, my company makes a breacher brake for them and I had a small overrun on my last batch so I can cut you a little price break, they are normally $70 but I can sell ya one for $55 if you want, that covers my machining costs on it. Here's a link to one on the GAA auction with the pic and details. Your muzzle should have an outside diameter of around .885" for this brake. If your barrel is different for any reason let me know and I can have one custom machined on my next order.

http://www.gunsandall.com/item.php?id=919

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:44 pm 
Utility Grade

Have any of you ever worked with havlinsales before?

They have an 18.5" Mossberg barrel (for an 870) with rifle sights for $89.99.

With shipping it would be exactly $101.99.

What do you think?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:54 am 
Tournament Grade

I think this is the forend you were talking about

Post subject: Re: re: Help Me Plan a Tactical Shotgun Build
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:46 pm 
Crown Grade

montana bound wrote:
older Wingmasters are much higher quality than any other line Remington currently sells.

if you absolutely had to build on a police, get one of the older ones, not the newer guns they produce.

this for example.

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php ... ts_id/1565

as long as they had any type of positive maintenance, these older guns are an incredible value overall... back in old days i picked up two trade-ins for $200...

considering qualifications, the 870's were hardly used, the bluing was gone from rub points, but you don't defend yourself with cosmetics

"It all comes down to going down the dark holes after monsters. That's what it's all about, when everyone else is huddled around the campfire somebody has to go out in the dark and fight." –Reverend Db

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:46 pm 
Utility Grade

mesa tactical does make the best adapters. a little pricier, but well worth the money.