It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 870 factory extension
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:33 pm 
Presentation Grade

Anyone know where to get a factory 870 extension? I found a nice parked old 870 express that takes choke tubes, but it has an aftermarket extension.

Post subject: Re: 870 factory extension
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:14 pm 
Field Grade

http://www.aiptactical.com/

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =129530265

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:54 pm 
Diamond Grade

BlenderWizard wrote:
Anyone know where to get a factory 870 extension?
Um, the factory? BTW, if it is an Express it isn't parked, at least not by the factory.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:57 pm 
Presentation Grade

Austin12Gauge wrote:
BlenderWizard wrote:
Anyone know where to get a factory 870 extension?
Um, the factory? BTW, if it is an Express it isn't parked, at least not by the factory.

I'll get some pics. I didn't think express models would take choke tubes, either, but this really doesn't look like a custom job.

From everything I've read, Remington won't sell extensions to the public.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:32 pm 
Crown Grade

Remington won't ship mag extensions by themselves to public like they will to law enforcement, however, they will ship them to law enforcement dealers, who can decide for themselves who they get sold to. Of course, Remington also sells various models of 870s that come from the factory with the factory extension.

If you do a google search for an 870 factory extension, I'll bet you will find several for sale used. You could also buy one of the good aftermarket models, maybe even Max100's +3 mag tube to fit flush with 18.5" barrels, if that is the barrel length that you have.

What brand of mag extension is on there now?

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:44 am 
Tournament Grade

I bought one from this guy I found on a gun parts sale forum..
He may have some left..It's factory parked and perfect on my 870P

jd_2@msn.com

I just went to AR15.com and a post from 5/15/09 says they're here too

M.L. SECURITY PRODUCTS
877-452-1633.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:14 am 
Diamond Grade

BlenderWizard wrote:
From everything I've read, Remington won't sell extensions to the public.

Guys, this simply isn't true. I bought one directly from Remington and so have many others. The restriction is on certain LE parts only and an Express +2 extension is not a LE part. Heck, they even sell Express models with the extension already on them. And yes, you can find them used - try Google product search and Ebay.

You can aslo buy new LE +2 and +3 extensions (parked, although I can't see the difference between the parked and the matte blue, having held both at the same time) from retailers, even though the factory won't sell them to non LE.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:46 am 
Presentation Grade

TempestV wrote:
Remington won't ship mag extensions by themselves to public like they will to law enforcement, however, they will ship them to law enforcement dealers, who can decide for themselves who they get sold to. Of course, Remington also sells various models of 870s that come from the factory with the factory extension.

If you do a google search for an 870 factory extension, I'll bet you will find several for sale used. You could also buy one of the good aftermarket models, maybe even Max100's +3 mag tube to fit flush with 18.5" barrels, if that is the barrel length that you have.

What brand of mag extension is on there now?

It looks like maybe a Tac Star, but the finish mathes the rest of the gun nearly perfectly.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:23 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

How about comthing better then the factory one.
+2 mag tube But CNC milled from 1pc of 4000 series steel mil spec parkerised by same company that Colt canada uses
$79

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:56 am 
Presentation Grade

where do you get one?

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:33 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

BlenderWizard wrote:
where do you get one?

This. BBB, that's a pretty piece of kit.

Flush with an 18" or 18.5" barrel?

Either you are a weapon and your gun is a tool, or your gun is a weapon and you are the tool. - Tactical Response
Embrace your wear marks. - 870Pilot

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:34 am 
Diamond Grade

BlenderWizard wrote:
where do you get one?

http://sjhardware.com/

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:50 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Austin12Gauge wrote:
BlenderWizard wrote:
where do you get one?

Not listed on the site.

Either you are a weapon and your gun is a tool, or your gun is a weapon and you are the tool. - Tactical Response
Embrace your wear marks. - 870Pilot

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:34 pm 
Diamond Grade

FMD wrote:
Austin12Gauge wrote:
BlenderWizard wrote:
where do you get one?

Not listed on the site.

Sure it is (hidden under bayonet):http://sjhardware.com/870Bayo.html

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:53 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

[quote="Austin12Gauge"][quote="FMD"][quote="Austin12Gauge"][quote="BlenderWizard"]where do you get one?

not listed yet as the new website is allmost ready but shopping cart is not open so dont want peopel to order yet.
you can email me direct @ sales@sjhardware.com
but tacticalshotgunner.com has them in stock.
bbb

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:23 pm 
Field Grade

If you call Remington and ask them to sell you a +2 extension, they will tell you no. I have tried twice. Maybe someone here knows the "secret" to getting around it, but everyone I have talked to, and everyone I know of has not been so lucky. I'm even a LEO, but don't want to go through the hassle of paperwork for an extension that isn't even a restricted piece. It's silly, I know, but it is what they will tell you.

Right now on AR15.com there is a guy selling "used" parked extensions for $60 shipped with all the parts needed. I think he is a dealer and taking them off new shotties and making a few extra bucks selling it all seperately. Makes sense. Look under shotgun parts and accessories in the old equipment exchange. I just ordered one from him as well as another guy I work with.

Anyways, can anyone tell me the difference in a "matte black" and "parkerized" finish? Which one is the super "dry" finish like the 18" police barrels you can order from Remington? I always thought the two were basically the same thing.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:15 am 
Diamond Grade

mclark202 wrote:
If you call Remington and ask them to sell you a +2 extension, they will tell you no. I have tried twice. Maybe someone here knows the "secret" to getting around it, but everyone I have talked to, and everyone I know of has not been so lucky.

If you, and others, are trying to order the parked version it is a restricted LE part. Download the parts list from the Remington web site and order the non LE parts.

Or, if you don't want to mess with Remington, just keep your eyes open and buy it off Ebay or Gun Broker.

Here: http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.a ... =129726902 . I just did a search on Gun Broker and found one in less than 30 seconds. How hard was that?

And the price is OK also. Somebody in this thread needs to buy it! Now!

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:29 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

well that really sucks that remington will not sell you the factory parkerized + 2 mag tubes.
I guess thats why we have been selling so may of ours to the US.

$60 ia alot on money for a mag tube that thin wall tubing,
we are charging $79.99 us for our CNC milled 1 peice steel mag tube with mil spec parkerised finish.
That inc a +power mag spring .
bbb

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:11 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but Simon's extensions are very heavy duty. Well built. I wouldn't have a problem with using one (and have).

http://www.weaponevolution.com

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:21 pm 
Diamond Grade

badboybeeson wrote:
$60 ia alot on money for a mag tube that thin wall tubing,
we are charging $79.99 us for our CNC milled 1 peice steel mag tube with mil spec parkerised finish. That inc a +power mag spring.bbb

bbb, I am sure you make a fine extension, but does your's also include the magazine bracket with sling swivel stud, assuming that is what someone wants instead of a bayo lug? As I said, $60 is a good price for that whole kit, especially when compared to Remington's pricing for the same kit.

bbb, I refer people to your site frequently, especially when they are looking for a bayo lug. I even put a link to your site earlier in this thread. But it might be easier for people to buy from you if you improved your web site and included pricing and order processing. And showed the extension and spring not packaged with the bayo lug mag bracket. Just a thought.

Edited to add: And please answer FMD's question.

Last edited by Austin12Gauge on Wed May 27, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.